• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

January MEET n Greet n Eatn...WITH a RIDE on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that you were going to ride the BMW that is why I said an hour or so.:trust: We all know how fast the big ones will go.:rider:

I have no idea what you're talking about. :wary: If'n I'm riding alone I tend to make the trip a little more exciting. Riding with others then I just go with the group. Haven't done any real riding on it since October I believe so will be nice to shake the cobwebs off. As much fun as the DR is I'll enjoy the cruise control, wind protection, stability and "passability" on the K. I guess go ahead and count me IN for this meetup. Told my wife about it last night, she didn't say no (to me going) which means we don't have any hidden plans I didn't know about.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :wary: If'n I'm riding alone I tend to make the trip a little more exciting. Riding with others then I just go with the group. Haven't done any real riding on it since October I believe so will be nice to shake the cobwebs off. As much fun as the DR is I'll enjoy the cruise control, wind protection, stability and "passability" on the K. I guess go ahead and count me IN for this meetup. Told my wife about it last night, she didn't say no (to me going) which means we don't have any hidden plans I didn't know about.

I have a baby BMW it is not fast except in the curves. Fun to ride like the DR because it is light compared to my other motorcycle. Did look at a 1150 that was at Lone Star when I bought this one. Maybe next time!

Wife asked me about this just this morning actually since the weather is looking very promising... The maybe is not a very likely.

Will try and head up with some other ATX riders (NT slim, etc)...

I'll meet up with the ATXers in CC as I need to do a bit of reconning on Harmon Rd (just past Izoro north of CC) for a bicycle race the following Saturday. Harmon Rd usually contains a good bit of sketchy county pavement (not big bike with pillion friendly). We can loop out east thru Lometa on 581 after lunch if anyone is interested.

Any ATX riders interested in meeting at the Exxon at the corner of 183 and 29 in Liberty Hill at about 10am? Or we can aim for 9am and take a longer route if anybody has suggestions.

I'd be interested. Meeting earlier for a longer ride would be okay too. As long as the route was Shinko 705 friendly I'd be game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll meet up with the ATXers in CC as I need to do a bit of reconning on Harmon Rd (just past Izoro north of CC) for a bicycle race the following Saturday. Harmon Rd usually contains a good bit of sketchy county pavement (not big bike with pillion friendly). We can loop out east thru Lometa on 581 after lunch if anyone is interested.

Hey Slim... Harmon Rd?? sketchy pavement??? Not really. Now... the CR runnin south out of Izoro down to FM580 ?? THAT'S sketchy pavement!!

BUT WAIT... Seems I remember last time we were on Harmon (which is normally almost like an FM..fairly smooth wide pavement with the tree line cut way back from the shoulder) The county had it torn down to the gravel base gettin it ready to repave. That was several months back during the Summer. Not sure of it's current condition though. May still be gravel if the county ran low on funds.

What happened to the big camping place just to the east? LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Worse than Althaus-Davis (near fredericksburg), the entrance road to Colorado Bend or the dirt roads on Fort Hood?

All roads I've managed to find myself, with pillion. None of it was intentional, and I'll have to admit none of it was very fun. But the FJR and I like a challenge every now and then...

See you in CC!

I'm a maybe. Will keep an eye on the ATX crew's plans and meet up with them if I end up being able to make it.

Looks like my wife and I will make it after all. She has an event in Cameron in the afternoon that she wanted me to go to and after consulting the map and figuring out all the logistics I suggested we hit the Meet n Greet for lunch and shake a few hands and then head east to Cameron. She won't ride on the GS so we'll be in her Civic. After 38 years compromises are still a thing of wonder. Look forward to meeting new friends!

Took this pic from my recon of Harmon Rd last January. Yeah, not that bad really but not sure about leading folks down it when there are much better routes around.

picture.php

Ride planners what type of roads are y'all thinking? Pavement, gravel, off road?
Want to bring the right tool...

Ride planners what type of roads are y'all thinking? Pavement, gravel, off road?
Want to bring the right tool...

Mr2mch normally does pavement. He might be at work right now but I bet he will answer later.

...There is camping at my place Saturday in Lampasas if anyone is interested. Room for tents and trailers,we are no state park but room to stretch out and relax. No excess vehicle fees will be charged during this event. ...

Do you happen to have a few trees for the hammock freaks?

CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back