• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: January Pie Run (Southern Style) 1/29/2022

Roger and his “large” CFS
D8AB1D01-B636-487D-A075-ACBF4789919C.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who made it. Someone came up with a headcount of 19. Good food, good pie, and great people!

My pictures aren't as good as jhansen's.

bikes1.JPG

bikes2.JPG

bikes3.JPG

inside.JPG

pie.JPG

All the above pics are better than mine so I won't bore you.

DANG those pies look good, now! But today I went with the Italian creme cake and it was near perfect, not too sweet. Someone at my table asked Toni the waitress about the chicken/sausage gumbo and she raved about it so 3 of us bought in; it was very good! Hail was the odd man out ordering a turkey or bologna or some kind of cold sandwich. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him. :brainsnap

After lunch I followed Blue Flash as planned toward Votow, Segno, Goodrich, Coldspring. Shortly after leaving we made a quick stop on the roadside and someone on a KTM pulled along side and asked if they could join in. I told them you bet and they did, for a while. We were all wearing gear so I couldn't recognize the face. If you're on TWT, who are you?

After fueling up in Coldspring, Blue and I agreed to run up FM 224 to Wolf Creek Park and back down to 156 where we would part ways. He doesn't know it, until now, but that run was the 1st time I drug parts and I also hit my 30,000th mile since getting the bike, on my favorite road!

It was a great day, thanks for letting me tag along. :thumb: BTW: that's my K13GT here.

20220129_163427.jpg

It was a fun day. Wish I could have joined an after ride but had to head home, though I was able to take the scenic route. Nice to meet those of you who I was able to meet. Looking forward to next time.

All the above pics are better than mine so I won't bore you.

DANG those pies look good, now! But today I went with the Italian creme cake and it was near perfect, not too sweet. Someone at my table asked Toni the waitress about the chicken/sausage gumbo and she raved about it so 3 of us bought in; it was very good! Hail was the odd man out ordering a turkey or bologna or some kind of cold sandwich. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him. :brainsnap

After lunch I followed Blue Flash as planned toward Votow, Segno, Goodrich, Coldspring. Shortly after leaving we made a quick stop on the roadside and someone on a KTM pulled along side and asked if they could join in. I told them you bet and they did, for a while. We were all wearing gear so I couldn't recognize the face. If you're on TWT, who are you?

After fueling up in Coldspring, Blue and I agreed to run up FM 224 to Wolf Creek Park and back down to 156 where we would part ways. He doesn't know it, until now, but that run was the 1st time I drug parts and I also hit my 30,000th mile since getting the bike, on my favorite road!

It was a great day, thanks for letting me tag along. :thumb: BTW: that's my K13GT here.

View attachment 312641
It was a turkey & bacon club and it was delicious. You left out my chili and cheese covered tater tots. :). It was good to meet you Just Curtis.

Last edited:
Man, sure wish I could have made this one; looks like the weather was awesome, good turnout, and great looking pie! Glad everyone had a good time though, and hopefully all made it home safe and sound. Good choice, Jay! :thumb:

Not sure, but Chad may have originally suggested it.

Looks like a good time was had. Based on the pics of the pies I will definitely have to visit this spot at some point. My busy months are almost over so I am I hoping that I can finally make one of these soon.

It was a great place to go. Great staff, great food, and great company to boot!. The cherry cheese cake was excellent as well! Sorry... I didn't get pics. That Mayhem guy from the Allstate commercials got into my GPS on the way out, but I got it fixed when Curtis and I stopped in Coldspring. 224 was good, though.... a run up and a run back with only one short section behind a slow cager.

So... I suffer from oldtimer's disease. We had a third rider up until we turned off of 222 onto 3128 just outside of Coldspring (OK, so I missed the turn... Cello would have loved it). I know I met you at the cafe, but my brain has gone blank... who was that???

Great day for a ride. Enjoyed the company and the pie.

I ended up with a slight of chocolate delight, and it lives up to the name, filled half and half with chocolate and vanilla pudding with bits of pecans mixed in...
20220129_125735.jpg

Now we just need to pick a place to do it all again next month.

Wow, that looks good! Sucks that I missed this one, and will be missing the next one too :tears: Good excuse though: Arlington Supercross! Unless... we do it on the 19th?....

Definitely worth a visit. Just ask @Rsquared about the cfs.
Best in Texas...
So... I suffer from oldtimer's disease. We had a third rider up until we turned off of 222 onto 3128 just outside of Coldspring (OK, so I missed the turn... Cello would have loved it). I know I met you at the cafe, but my brain has gone blank... who was that???
We did meet at lunch and thanks for letting me tag along.

Man...I hate that I missed this. I probably would have been with B. Flash so I would've got to ride with @Rsquared . Will catch you next time hopefully.

Back