• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jonesing for a Bandit!

I fin ally got a Bandit this week. Found a 16 model at Wild West in Katy. Only 1700 lovely miles on it , more to come .
How much did you give for it? If you don't mind me asking...…….

Been looking at a 2016 with under 1000 miles.

Just bought a 2016 Bandit...anyone have any feedback re differences from older models? My 2007 B12 doesn't have ABS & there's a weight difference...just hope its not too much of a difference!

Your 2016 is water cooled (radiator, water and added engine water jackets), fuel injected (fuel pump and associated electronics), and has a six speed transmission. From my google search, your 2016 is about fifty pounds heavier. A Holeshot exhaust will lighten up up some.

Your 2016 is water cooled (radiator, water and added engine water jackets), fuel injected (fuel pump and associated electronics), and has a six speed transmission. From my google search, your 2016 is about fifty pounds heavier. A Holeshot exhaust will lighten up up some.
Thanks! I could not get a consistent answer on the internet re the weight difference :( Both the 2007 and the 2016 have the holeshot stage 2..how much wght does holeshot exhaust save? I'm an older lady rider so the lighter the better. Can't wait to go for a ride this w/e! I actually didn't mind the 07 without abs but I guess it'll be safer with the 2016.

Last edited:
I'm just guessing 20-25 pounds for the exhaust. Holeshot's headers probably added more weight savings also.

This Cycle World article goes into depth of Walker's mods:

Overall he saved about 52 pounds with $10,000 of his products. I'm almost 74 and couldn't hang onto his 148 hp monster. My stock Bandit (except for the Holeshot exhaust and a computer modifier under the seat) needs Traction Control more than ABS.

The end can saves ~ 10 lbs. A race header downpipe will save another ~10 lbs too for a total of ~ 20 lbs with a full exhaust swap. I got the BlackWidow header and have been extremely pleased. Losing the center stand lightens the bike by ~ 10lbs. So very easily you can drop ~ 30 lbs. I also swapped to the 1 piece GSF650 seat which saved ~2 lbs and swapped out all 4 of the stock footpegs which have balance weights for Powerstands Racing Forged 1 piece pegs which saved another ~ 2lbs. Replacing the bar end weights saved ~ 1lb. So my loss was ~ 35 lbs.

Took a year to find my Bandit. It was going to be a Bandit 1250s or a yamaha FZ1 . Finally found one that was 220 miles from me an 07 with 4400 miles.

Back