• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JT had a wreck

7/26 Update: Excellent news today - JT was moved from ICU to a regular room this afternoon and has completed the first of many physical therapy sessions. The updated medical plan is that he is going to be discharged (perhaps as early as tomorrow) and then will return to the hospital for an additional surgery on his foot on Aug 7th.

Great news. Will he be able to play the piano when the casts come off?

Well crud! That's a rotten situation. No such thing as minor surgery. Truly sad to know John has to endure this. But, he will. Heal up quick.

Hate to hear it but of course I want the crash details!

Was in San Antonio Wednesday and wanted to stop by but my meeting went to 5:45 instead of 3:00 so I scooted on back to Denton.

I know you'll be back up and about as soon as you can- hopefully that's sooner than expected!

Don't go home too fast buddy. You need someone to help you do lots of stuff due to your injuries . I'm sure we can get a volunteer list going but we ain't pretty nurses.

50dee012e8427c241d1b5b1f27a26027.jpg

I met JT for the first time in Mexico last year. He took this newb under his wing and showed me where to get coffee in the morning and how to find beer at night. On one day ride, our group had four or five flat tires. JT was always the first guy to jump in to help. Showing the new guys what tools he carried and explaining techniques he had learned over the years (the picture is from one of the many teaching moments he had that day). He probably doesn’t remember any of this because that’s just the kind of guy he is. But it left a real impression on me.

JT, you’re a total class act. I sincerely hope the doctors can fix you as quickly as you can fix a flat tire. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and prayers for a quick and full recovery. Hoping it is as comfortable and painless as possible. Heal fast buddy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

7/28 Update: JT is free!

He is being discharged right now. Gina is picking him up and he will be staying with Connie and I for the next few weeks as he works his way through recovery.

Nice...rich, dont forget JT likes fresh green grapes every afternoon at 3pm feed to him by hand. While enjoyin an episode of bonanza.

He is being discharged right now. Gina is picking him up and he will be staying with Connie and I for the next few weeks as he works his way through recovery.

Happy to hear the great news
Our prayers to a full and prompt recovery.
All the best JT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great news. Hopefully he'll feel strong enough to join us on Thursday, We can hear the story from the horse's mouth.

JT, wishing you a speedy recovery. :chug:

I recently spent some weeks helping my son get back on his feet after his ACL surgery & knee reconstruction. He was passionately doing what he loves - playing football for the minor league - and his number came up, that's how it is sometimes.
I know his deal's not the same as yours, but, he's back on his feet now, and so will you -I'm absolutely sure of that.

Just saw this. Man this is terrible! Hang tough JT and heal up. Prayers are with you.

Dang blasted! JT get a full recovery soon, please :sun:. Looking fwd to riding with you again smelling that pipe.

Rich and Connie: taking JT into your home to help his rehab is very kind of you! :clap:

Back