• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JT had a wreck

Really glad to hear you are feeling a little better, keep it up!
I have found eating Ginger and Turmeric in foods to be very helpful for swelling/inflammation

So is the back injury basically a non-issue now?

Hi Scott, the back has only given me pain or discomfort when I sit too long in a poor position or exert a little too much effort when moving. Most of the time, I don't think of it. Will it recover to the point of being able to sit on a bike for hours, I don't know.

All I've got to say is follow your pt religiously. I did not when I broke my tib/fib and shattered my foot. I was 16 and "tough" I already regret it 10 years later. But I can say San Antonio is great with trauma. Glad you are ok. I'm in SA twice a week if anything is needed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Randy for the desired lead-in!

OK, here goes:

So JT had his Asoptical Nerve dealt with during surgery

This is the nerve that runs from your *** to you Eyebalzz and gives you a crappy outlook on life.

JT is good now that it's removed!!

giphy.gif

Pronounced ***optical nerve?

Whoah that sounds like a very useful procedure. Who tipped off the doctors that it was needed? (Gina, hmmm?)

Thanks Randy for the desired lead-in!

OK, here goes:

So JT had his Asoptical Nerve dealt with during surgery

This is the nerve that runs from your *** to you Eyebalzz and gives you a crappy outlook on life.

JT is good now that it's removed!!

giphy.gif

Thanks for the explanation!

I’ve got an Uncle with a severe asoptical nerve problem. Very severe. Maybe terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making progress, but not back to work yet.
This past Monday my Doc took the 4 pins out from under my toes and told me to start weighting the foot. It is in a removable boot for the next 4 weeks. I will return to light duty work next Monday.

20180830_141101-L.jpg

This past Monday my Doc took the 4 pins out from under my toes and told me to start weighting the foot. It is in a removable boot for the next 4 weeks. I will return to light duty work next Monday.

20180830_141101-L.jpg
That's some nice hardware, do yall have a long term plan? Plates staying forever?

Well, the footpeg mount is broken off the frame and the kickstand is bent and windshield broken, but I can't see any other damage.

That's some nice hardware, do yall have a long term plan? Plates staying forever?

The Doc says the plates and screws will stay unless they cause too much pain as the bone grows around them.

JT now you will be able to tell when a cold front is coming in. Old wives tale, but I swear my repaired left elbow does a better job predicting than Accu weather. You don't have to be a weatherman (weatherperson PC) to know which way the wind blows. Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan.
What kind of metal do they use today for screws pins and such? Medical grade Loctite and Never Seize :)
Glad you are healing well.

Last edited:
JT that hurts just looking at it.
I feel for you.
Heal up soon.

The Doc says the plates and screws will stay unless they cause too much pain as the bone grows around them.
The screws will hurt eventually, atleast in my experience and some family members. Had mine pulled at about 4 years, they had grown in very good, docs made the mistake of trying it under local anaesthetic... had to stitch me back up and put me under. Plus they didnt even have the right bit to take them out, had to go borrow a torx head bit from another doc.(didn't have them pulled at university). You will probably want the screws out at some point, but time is the true test. Just follow your pt instructions religiously, that was my biggest mistake.

Last edited:
Well, the footpeg mount is broken off the frame and the kickstand is bent and windshield broken, but I can't see any other damage.

GOOD. NOTHIN THAT SOME ZIP TIES CAN'T FIX THEN. MAYBE A LITTLE GORILLA TAPE FOR THE WINDSHIELD.

20180830_141101-L.jpg

HOLLY S.... BATMAN!!! LOOKS PRETTY PAINFUL.
I HOPE YOU'RE GETTING THE GOOD MEDS.

Back