• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Junction C of C warns large biker groups to stay away

TWTim

Reaction score
HEADS UP: The Dust Bowl Beemers and Tim Kreitz Adventures crew have officially cancelled our annual Geezers & Scalawags spring motorcycle trip to Junction and the hill country. The mayor of Junction (where we always lodge) has effectively shut down the city to large-scale events and tourism, and the Chamber of Commerce warned us that any big motorcycle gatherings could be ran off, fined or possibly jailed for flagrantly disobeying, with all the side dishes that come with arrest (such as bike impoundment, etc.).

I'm posting this as information for any large groups who might be considering trips to or through Junction. The Junction C of C basically implied that they have no COVID-19 cases thus far and that they don't want visitors bringing it there. I can't say I blame them. Anyway, you shouldn't be traveling and gathering in large numbers right now, but I know a lot still are. Junction has long been a big hub for riders, so I just thought I'd post this to warn that you might wanna consider giving Junction a big miss.

Last edited:
Section 2 says it is in effect for 7 days, unless continued or renewed by City Council, yet the closing says it is in effect till the mayor terminates it?
Which is it?

The gist of it is the same as pretty much all other declarations by cities and counties.

I think so. At this point, that declaration should be assumed practice for all cities for now. Now is not the time to attract attention. I say anyone doing anything should lay low and make sure your activities fall within the specs of the ords. It's not the ofcs you have to worry about seeing you first, it's our fellow citizens. They will and are calling in mass gatherings quick.

I think so. At this point, that declaration should be assumed practice for all cities for now. Now is not the time to attract attention. I say anyone doing anything should lay low and make sure your activities fall within the specs of the ords. It's not the ofcs you have to worry about seeing you first, it's our fellow citizens. They will and are calling in mass gatherings quick.
Yep, all the Karen's and Kyle's of the world have nothing better to do than worry about others, and are quick to call 911 for stupid things.

Section 2 says it is in effect for 7 days, unless continued or renewed by City Council, yet the closing says it is in effect till the mayor terminates it?
Which is it?

It means the declaration was made independent of the council, and that the council has the ability to nullify it if they choose. Rest assured, they won't. Once the council has approved the declaration, the mayor can renew it unilaterally thereafter.

It means the declaration was made independent of the council, and that the council has the ability to nullify it if they choose. Rest assured, they won't. Once the council has approved the declaration, the mayor can renew it unilaterally thereafter.
So clear as mud. I hate legal talk.

"any big motorcycle gatherings could be ran off "

I can't help but have this remind me of this speech from this 1960's biker flick from when I was a kid:

:rider: :lol2:

Back