• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Junes 10TH Meet n Greet n Eat

Maybe for me. My June schedule is looking crazy. Just did a swap for on-call as I was supposed to be that weekend, but a coworker needed this weekend off, and those kinds of actions are always punished by sudden all hands on deck maintenance issues that could be that weekend. So, we'll see if I can make it.

Put me as a maybe.. depends on weather and what the wife has planned. I will check back in a little later to confirm either way.

Possible. I'll likely be in the cage though.

Is there a campout? Ha ha ha. Jk

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's hundred and one in my pasture right now. Camping would be uncomfortably warm.

I'm a possible. I'll know in a couple of days.

I rode to Waco and back today.

I left Granbury before 0600 and was home by 1130.
It was glorious this morning.

But, by 1100 hours it was flipping hot.
The AIT readout on the bike rose 10* (86-96) between 10 and 11.
When I get hot, I get really cranky.

Maybe you should move me to the maybe category.

Last edited:
It was hot as crap in Waco today.
I was cranky as **** all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not be camping by any measure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I checked the weather forecast, looks to be 104. I'm going to take a pass and go for an early morning ride and be home by 10.

I checked the weather forecast, looks to be 104. I'm going to take a pass and go for an early morning ride and be home by 10.

Drive over if it gets too hot. I would say if it is that hot to drive and bring a loved one with you. This place is plenty room so lets try to get a good crowd even if we drive as opposed to riding. Next one might be a breakfast ride to avoid the heat which is hard to do in Texas.

Last edited:
Weather looking decent so far:

Capture.jpg

I'm definitely OUT.

Last edited:
Slim....you're gonna be hedded right by the old Powers family homeplace at Blue Ridge on FM1771 south of Hwy 7
Beautiful spot...with the church there
If you're gonna take FM1245 & go thru Ft Parker....you can cross Hwy 14 by the store there...& go to Shiloh on the paved CR crossing 39 on even more paved CRs to FM1365 at the peach orchards

I like ta take these when we're hedded east to ride Freestone Co...or on the way bac home

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I'm definitely IN.

I'll be leaving at 8:00 from the Georgetown CVS on 900 N Austin Ave (Map) and mainly FM'ing around thru Bartlett, Rogers, Rosebud, Reagan, Stranger and Groesbeck. Everyone is certainly welcome to join me. Please post up if you intend to show up.

Given the bitterly cold weather at the earlier in the year MGE's in Cherokee and Pumela I'm looking forward to the mildly warm temps this weekend.

I was hoping for something in between today’s temperature and the temperature of the Cherokee ride. I think my hopes will be dashed.

I was hoping for something in between today’s temperature and the temperature of the Cherokee ride. I think my hopes will be dashed.

:rofl:Drive over and bring some more with you. :deal:

Drew, during June, July and August, you should consider moving to a breakfast MG&Es.
Sunrise is early enough to be able to ride 2 hours in the light.
Meet at 0800, get in plenty of MG&E-ing and then be home by noon.
Everyone likes pancakes and bacon ... doesn't have to be a burger or CFS.

Would probably draw a bigger crowd.

Drew, during June, July and August, you should consider moving to a breakfast MG&Es.

Agreed!

We spoke of this before Mitch as well as others. Looking for a good spot south of me right now for July. Grannys in Dublin is a good breakfast spot. Everyone like them. As well as McGregor and Clifton buffets. This darn Texas weather. If it gets too toasty drive over and bring the misses. The more the merrier. Any ideas of places for August up that way would be appreciated. Need a southern spot of me also if anyone wants to chime in that will be great also. :eat:

The 8 AM thing is good for some and others not so much unless we camp the night before. Some come all the way from Houston to join us. So they would have to leave before day break. But yes the heat stinks. But also the cold stinks in December and January. :giveup:

The 8 AM thing is good for some and others not so much

Same is true for 1100 this time of the year. :chug:

But at least this time of year we can find a cooler time to ride.

Just a suggestion. Change is hard for some folks.

Last edited:
Back