• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Junes meet n greet n eat

Sorry that I didn't make it. Besides working on the bike, I missed one minor detail. Wife's birthday is tomorrow so we are doing a family gathering at the house today. Oops.

I think you can safely say everyone had a hot time today.
TG

Sign on the bank in San Saba said it was 103. I had to pull off to hydrate after see that. Stopped at the Open Door Baptist Church just north of town. My thermometer read 93, which instantly made me feel cooler. (BTW, despite the concerns over possible spontaneous combustion, I had to check - the doors to the church were locked.) After going through the free bike wash from Hico to Glen Rose, the reading on my thermometer had fallen to 70 degrees. -Nice-

Thanks to all of you who made even if the sun was out. 84 on the way and 98.6 nearing the house. Had a big burger with a thick patty and some tasty crispy onion rings. Could finish them so a few others tried them. We sat outside and enjoyed each others company. Was nice to see JT back in the saddle. Had a good visit with Tom who beat everyone else to the destination. Rode 1323,16,501, and 580 on the way home following DFW Tom. Think the next few will have to be breakfast runs so we won't melt.:deal:

Back