• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just a bridge...

Ok, I want to play....
dsride12.jpg

This is why no one was riding across it:
dsride13.jpg

I bet LOTS of riders here in Texas have a shot of this one. Here's a couple of mine.

IMG_6480.jpg

1714741902_eeb625edc5_o.jpg

Let's see yours.

north of Moody on Blue Cut Rd

bluecut-1.jpg

bluecut-2.jpg

just an old bridge over a RR

CR 220, McCulloch County, 20 miles north of Brady TX, approaching the Colorado River (Texas Colorado River). N31 27.798 W99 25.319
MAR2010Ride_RideOverBridge.jpg

1000 feet of old bridge over the Colorado River. The bridge is now closed.
MAR2010Ride_ClosedBridge.jpg

Barricade at the opposite end. The bridge could have been ridden. Seemed solid enough.
MAR2010Ride_BridgeOverRiver1.jpg

Looking back the way I walked, 2/3 of the way across the bridge.
MAR2010Ride_OldBridgeCOriver.jpg

under the biridge at the end of "racer road" 1458

616292027_eUuYs-L.jpg

Not a bridge in TX, but Indiana on a covered bridge run we did last week. We seen about a dozen of the 20 we were trying to hit.

Sanatoriumbridge.jpg

Just looking at the name of the bridge - were you visiting or did they let you out? :-P

IBTW ! :eek2: (*)

* IBTW - In before the Weasel! :trust:

What roads are these on?

The painted bridge is C.R. 1617 in Cass county and the steel bridge is C.C. Bridge Rd. off Liberty rd in Marion county. Liberty rd and c.r. rd 1617 are the same road just different counties. From Jefferson go west on 49 to F.M. 850 turn north F.M. 850 turn into Liberty Rd.

1024versys_medina.jpg

This used to be the bridge to the Mayan Dude Ranch in Bandera, TX but they built a new one about a quarter mile down river to replace it, but even that one floods over when it rains a lot. The Medina river is great for tubing and is less crowded than the Guadalupe. My new Versys seems to like it. :-P

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JoaOfw9PnE"]Medina River - YouTube[/ame]

Back