• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just a test

Technology bump up one level.

a19a5a25fd0e9a7c98fa77eb83a1f0f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to make sure I can get spot and spotwalla tracking correctly. I've done a few iron butt rides in the past but none required tracking. I hope to attempt one or two that require it.

If you are trying to get the map to embed, it isn't going to work. There needs to be some kind of "Share" option on the SpotWalla site. Even then, the link would need to be in a format that works with the Google Maps API system for sharing. For whatever reason, Google makes it really hard to embed their maps in forums :shrug:

For SOME Google maps, you can do the following,

[gmap]https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1c7f75c5336efe77ac&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes[/gmap]

and that will display what you want. In your case, if you do the above, all you get is this,

I have submitted a request to the guy that has created a LOT of the add-ons I've installed for the forum software to see if he can create an add-on that will allow SpotWalla maps to be embeded.

If you are trying to get the map to embed, it isn't going to work. There needs to be some kind of "Share" option on the SpotWalla site. Even then, the link would need to be in a format that works with the Google Maps API system for sharing. For whatever reason, Google makes it really hard to embed their maps in forums :shrug:

For SOME Google maps, you can do the following,

[gmap]https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1c7f75c5336efe77ac&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes[/gmap]

and that will display what you want. In your case, if you do the above, all you get is this,

Thanks, but all I was trying to achieve was for the link I posted to show a trip when clicked on. It seems to do it. It's horrible to be so geek illiterate.

Can SpotWalla export a track to GPX format?

Lol, you're asking the wrong old man, I have no idea what GPX files do. I'm trying to make sure I can track a particular IBA Ride. They have the"Ride Around Texas" that encompasses about 3150 miles around the perimeter of Texas. There are 2 levels, "crazy, 85 hours and plum dang crazy, 70 hours".
I need to make sure my tracking works and can viewed for verification that I never leave the state.

GPX files are just generic bread crumb tracks that ANY brand of GPS can read. You can also import them into Google maps and Google Earth. If you are using a GPS and you have it set to save your track, it creates a GPX file on the GPS that can then be copied to your computer, shared with other people, etc,...

I see now though that you are going to use SpotWalla for live tracking while you are on the ride. I did that a few years ago with the SW Connect app that works with SpotWalla. It allows you to use your phone to interact with SpotWalla. It also allows you to leave messages for anyone checking your track. Here's mine,

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=154c959666ead106e1&p=Tourmeister&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Back