• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just my Luck !!!

TomN

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Neimeyer
I decided to catch a couple more Courthouses yesterday. Planned a full day route that took me past 10 Courthouses, 490 miles. A couple of them I consider the "neatest" old time Texas Courthouses. Goliad was at the end of the planned loop, the start of the route home. I'm watching the GPS, anticipating turning the last corner and seeing the sought after prize in all it"s glory....Who the **** told them they could have a "street festival"!!!!!! Vendors all the way around the Courthouse. Don't they know I always put my bike in front and take a picture. No place to get a picture, vendors all the way around, I rode an extra 80 miles to include this Courthouse.

I stopped a DPS officer, told him my dilemma and ask if he would allow me to push my bike up the sidewalk a little and get a picture. He allowed it so I did get a picture, not like all the others I have but it was the best I could get. I will have to include that Courthouse on another run and get a better one at a latter date.

Here is a pic of the Courthouse at Victoria. It is a beautiful structure. I had lunch around the corner at Rosebud. Burger was good would have been very good if they toasted the bun. Fries are lightly battered and excellent!!!

I had to cut the ride short and only got 9 Courthouses, combination of getting late and my son asking us to babysit the new Grandchild. Final score 9 Courthouses, 445 miles and 1 Grandson.

Cheers, Tom

Attachments

• Victoria.jpg
    Victoria.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 270
Cool Tom. There was a party in Victoria when I got that one. I do have a few "re-do" shots to get, but they are all a very long way from home. It figures that the ones that you travel the furtherest for are the ones being remodeled or something. (DeWitt county, Zapada county...)

Trinity County (Groverton) drank the THC Koolaid and is "restoring" theirs. County business now in an old grocery store across the street.

Back