• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

K Trail

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
So I've been on parts of the K Trail on the eastern side of the trail on my motorcycle but I'm taking my 3 year old daughter out for her first Jeep/Camping trip in a few weeks and wanted to run the full length of it west to east. I'm doing some googling to pull the GPX file and I'm running across threads from last year and 2017 saying the western end is all on private property and anything west of the the fire tower is illegal to be on.

Anyone on TWTEX have any recent experience with the K-Trail? I know some Jeep and "overlanding" groups were reporting last year of the trail being booby trapped with nail strips and what not in the water puddles (a 15 Jeep convoy got 19 flat tires on the western end of the trail for instance).

MY understanding is the west entrance to K-Trail off 271 about 7 1/2 miles Southeast of Clayton is private. Not sure how far north it is private. We rode it last July, but we take Nine Pine Road about 2 mile SE of Clayton on 271 , go north about 2 1/2 miles to the Clayton Trail, east on the Clayton Trail to K-Trail and on into Mena. We have been that way 3 times and have never had a problem. Never have tried the west entrance. The Clayton Trail is definitely the hardest part of the ride, especially west to east. So take that for what it is worth.

^^ This is the way we went but the last 1.5 miles of Clayton Trail and pretty much the whole western half of the K Trail are now dirt "superhighways" for a new Wind Turbine Project. :( Run it while you can I don't know if they plan on destroying the rest of the entertaining Clayton Trail or not.

Back