• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kayak the Colorado, Bastrop TX June 25, 2015

RollingJ

Forum Supporter
One spot left!

Let's try this again!

I will be getting to Fisherman's Park in Bastrop on Thursday, June 25 at about 6pm and shoving off around 6:30pm. It will take 2 to 3 hours to float the 4 miles to the pickup spot.

I have 7 kayaks, so I have space for 6 other floaters to join me. I will drop the kayaks (and boaters) at the park, take the tow vehicle to the pickup point, and catch a ride back to the park.

If you have your own boat I'm game for more to join, and I can help with transport.

I'm thinking that I will pack a few sandwiches for dinner and we can stop on the island halfway through the trip.

Post up if you are in.

In on my boats:
1. RollingJ
2. Wife Of Vinny
3. JT
4. O_matic
5. Super D, my son
6. SpirtAtBay

In on their own boats:
1: MotoTex
2: MotorcycleBelle
3: Vinny
4: Viffer07
5: Viffrer07's +1
6: Stingray?

Last edited:

RollingJ

Forum Supporter
Sounds good, guys.

I'll hold a boat for your wife Vinny. Of course, if things change and you can't make it let me know to open the spot back up.

JT

Forum Supporter
Did I miss this again? Save a spot for me if there's still room. :mrgreen:

Vinny

Forum Supporter
Wife and myself are in. Thanks for the opportunity. Finally something we haven't done in Texas.

JT , I have a cigar and knife for you.

I'm a strong "maybe" on this. Closing on a car for my daughter that day but thinking I'll be done by then. I have my own kayak and a truck to help shuttle with if needed.

-Scott

Fantastic Idea!

I'm In, as long as there is still a boat and gear available.

I've got a boat but it's in San Marcos and my truck is in the body shop :headbang:

Is Fisherman's Park an OK spot to park a motorcycle for a few hours?

RollingJ

Forum Supporter
I happened upon two more kayaks to add to my collection, aka the plethora.

The total now comes to seven, and I have 339% more invested in paddles, life vests, and whistles than I do kayaks.

I am the kayak whisperer.

RollingJ

Forum Supporter
I'm loaded and ready to go. The 7th spot will be taken by my middle son's girlfriend Sherelle.

I'll see y'all at Fisherman's Park at 6 pm tonight!

Vinny

Forum Supporter
Traffic is sucking. We left with extra time to eat...... Nope....... Just going to make it I at 6 pm.

Didn't know the "whistle" law.

It was a nice evening on the river. There were a few 'tipsy' paddlers, tipping over and splashing down into aqua not-so-firma.

Minnie the Schnauzer had an epic adventure and discovered she can't walk on water when attempting an impromptu transfer from my boat to MCB's. That was quite amusing for me, but she swims like an anchor. Fortunately there was an anchor rope attached and her rescue was accomplished in seconds.

Twilight and darkness, it seems, are not conducive with navigating the tricky passage under the railroad bridge, nor for conducting property retrieval.

The loss of the Yeti Tumbler was tragic as this was its maiden voyage. MCB had it for only a day. Also lost were some fab sunglasses and a beach towel. Amazingly, the opened bag of potato chips made it through the ordeal high and dry.

Joel was the man with a plan at all stages, manning the con and keeping us on the straight and narrow. Search and Rescue seems to be a specialty of his as well and MCB and I are grateful for his generosity in hosting and especially for his efforts in getting folks safely back on the dry side of the boats.

You are the man!

It was quite the adventure.

I had a great time as well and agree that Joel is the man! I think he was secretly waiting to show off his water rescue skills, he was totally prepared for it. :clap:

Here's a few picts I took with a wet i-Phone:

Can't wait until the next time!

Looks like a great way to spend the afternoon. I'm going to stay on the lookout for more of these. I could see me and my oldest joining in.

How long was (time) from drop in to haul out?

Thanks
CJB

Windmill

Forum Supporter
From Fisherman's park is there a shuttle service to get back on a downstream float. Where do you take out? We have a canoe and would like to try once cooler.

Windmill

Forum Supporter
I just talked to a friend that lives in Tahitian Village he said we could call him and he would jockey us back to park., I've always wanted to do that float, looks like fun. We have a Coleman canoe but it floats I hope :). Thanks for sharing.

We have a canoe and would like to try once cooler.
Woulda Coulda Shoulda

Forget "once cooler"

Splash yourself on the river. Time waits for no one. :giveup:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwv0dJdSYmg"]Ambrosia - Time Waits For No One - 12/4/1976 - Capitol Theatre (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
this was a great experience. the sad part is that last time i heard Rollin J had moved to Louisana. He did a good job organizing this trip.
if anyone wants to set up another float, please post on here.