• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kayak the Colorado, Bastrop TX June 25, 2015

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
One spot left!

Let's try this again!

I will be getting to Fisherman's Park in Bastrop on Thursday, June 25 at about 6pm and shoving off around 6:30pm. It will take 2 to 3 hours to float the 4 miles to the pickup spot.

I have 7 kayaks, so I have space for 6 other floaters to join me. I will drop the kayaks (and boaters) at the park, take the tow vehicle to the pickup point, and catch a ride back to the park.

If you have your own boat I'm game for more to join, and I can help with transport.

I'm thinking that I will pack a few sandwiches for dinner and we can stop on the island halfway through the trip.

Post up if you are in.

In on my boats:
1. RollingJ
2. Wife Of Vinny
3. JT
4. O_matic
5. Super D, my son
6. SpirtAtBay

In on their own boats:
1: MotoTex
2: MotorcycleBelle
3: Vinny
4: Viffer07
5: Viffrer07's +1
6: Stingray?

Last edited:
Most likely in. Would need to borrow a boat for my wife.

Sounds good, guys.

I'll hold a boat for your wife Vinny. Of course, if things change and you can't make it let me know to open the spot back up.

Mellow. Almost flat. There are sometimes spiders in the trees though.

Did I miss this again? Save a spot for me if there's still room. :mrgreen:

Wife and myself are in. Thanks for the opportunity. Finally something we haven't done in Texas.

JT , I have a cigar and knife for you.

I'm a strong "maybe" on this. Closing on a car for my daughter that day but thinking I'll be done by then. I have my own kayak and a truck to help shuttle with if needed.

-Scott

Fantastic Idea!

I'm In, as long as there is still a boat and gear available.

I've got a boat but it's in San Marcos and my truck is in the body shop :headbang:

Is Fisherman's Park an OK spot to park a motorcycle for a few hours?

The last spot was taken by my son, unless you have your own boat.

I'll see you all tomorrow!

I guess so, huh.

I'll see JT tomorrow. We're riding Emma Long. Maybe I was just talking to him.

I happened upon two more kayaks to add to my collection, aka the plethora.

The total now comes to seven, and I have 339% more invested in paddles, life vests, and whistles than I do kayaks.

I am the kayak whisperer.

...The total now comes to seven, and I have 339% more invested in paddles, life vests, and whistles than I do kayaks...

I didn't get a whistle last time. Is that something new to scare away the spiders? Lol

_

You had a whistle attached to your life jacket. It's the law!

I'm loaded and ready to go. The 7th spot will be taken by my middle son's girlfriend Sherelle.

I'll see y'all at Fisherman's Park at 6 pm tonight!

0eb36a6ce3b8d61e6a5ba1922981dcff.jpg

Back