• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kayak the Colorado, Bastrop TX June 25, 2015

You are welcome to try out the ones I have. Just let me know when.

Traffic is sucking. We left with extra time to eat...... Nope....... Just going to make it I at 6 pm.

Didn't know the "whistle" law.

Sherelle dropped out, but we are leaving to head to Fisherman's Park right now.

See you out there!

We are shoving off at 6:30, we can figure out transport back to the park as we go.

I have Shiner if that helps.

It was a nice evening on the river. There were a few 'tipsy' paddlers, tipping over and splashing down into aqua not-so-firma.

Minnie the Schnauzer had an epic adventure and discovered she can't walk on water when attempting an impromptu transfer from my boat to MCB's. That was quite amusing for me, but she swims like an anchor. Fortunately there was an anchor rope attached and her rescue was accomplished in seconds.

Twilight and darkness, it seems, are not conducive with navigating the tricky passage under the railroad bridge, nor for conducting property retrieval.

The loss of the Yeti Tumbler was tragic as this was its maiden voyage. MCB had it for only a day. Also lost were some fab sunglasses and a beach towel. Amazingly, the opened bag of potato chips made it through the ordeal high and dry.

Joel was the man with a plan at all stages, manning the con and keeping us on the straight and narrow. Search and Rescue seems to be a specialty of his as well and MCB and I are grateful for his generosity in hosting and especially for his efforts in getting folks safely back on the dry side of the boats.

You are the man!

It was quite the adventure.

I had a great time as well and agree that Joel is the man! I think he was secretly waiting to show off his water rescue skills, he was totally prepared for it. :clap:

Here's a few picts I took with a wet i-Phone:

IMG_1201-L.jpg

IMG_1202-L.jpg

IMG_1205-L.jpg

IMG_1208-L.jpg

IMG_1215-L.jpg

IMG_1211-L.jpg

IMG_1207-L.jpg

Can't wait until the next time!

That was good fun. I'm sorry a few got wet unintentionally, but that's why it's called adventure.

I'll do it again soon!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kayakgroupof12.jpg
    kayakgroupof12.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 233
  • kayakgroupof12night.jpg
    kayakgroupof12night.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 238
Looks like a great way to spend the afternoon. I'm going to stay on the lookout for more of these. I could see me and my oldest joining in.

How long was (time) from drop in to haul out?

Thanks
CJB

Thanks RollingJ!

Couldn't have had a better time kayaking the Colorado.

Good times! :dude:

From Fisherman's park is there a shuttle service to get back on a downstream float. Where do you take out? We have a canoe and would like to try once cooler.

I just talked to a friend that lives in Tahitian Village he said we could call him and he would jockey us back to park., I've always wanted to do that float, looks like fun. We have a Coleman canoe but it floats I hope :). Thanks for sharing.

We have a canoe and would like to try once cooler.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

Forget "once cooler"

Splash yourself on the river. Time waits for no one. :giveup:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwv0dJdSYmg"]Ambrosia - Time Waits For No One - 12/4/1976 - Capitol Theatre (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
this was a great experience. the sad part is that last time i heard Rollin J had moved to Louisana. He did a good job organizing this trip.
if anyone wants to set up another float, please post on here.

Back