• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

de36d4544a32548e186cae2eed0ccef7.jpg

That looks like a good evening. Little jealous.

Did you bring that tree with you?

A buddy of mine said my steak looked like a roast.....pfft....he must be a vegan [emoji23]

Hey Mister... have you been to this one? Looks like theres even old logs in the outlying area if a person had an axe. Could even check on the state boundary markers just to the west
Thompson Grove Campground
(575) 374-9652

Wow, 7 hours! Maybe not.
Shared route
From Colleyville to Thompson Grove Campground via US-287 N.

7 hr (457 mi)

Last edited:
Maybe put the hammock over the campfire. He would be smoked and ready to eat by morning.
Actually not far from what he does sometimes IIRC.

If he drops the storm flaps of his large rain fly and burns his alcohol stove, he can warm up the inside probably 10-20 degrees.

Pretty sure he's camped nights in the 20s.

He's probably heading to a camp site right now for the challenge of camping in the teens.

You go Super K...as long as its fun, you're doing it right.

Hey Mister... have you been to this one? Looks like theres even old logs in the outlying area if a person had an axe. Could even check on the state boundary markers just to the west
Thompson Grove Campground
(575) 374-9652

Wow, 7 hours! Maybe not.
Shared route
From Colleyville to Thompson Grove Campground via US-287 N.

7 hr (457 mi)

Great find! Thanks, I need an. Additional campsite in that part of true panhandle.

I saved it to my favorite camps.

You guys are a hoot! I am actually not going to venture out due to all the chances of snow.

The lowest I camped in my hammock was 23. I slept well but the before and after sleeping parts is brutal[emoji3063]

I am glad to see you guys got some time to spend with each other.
Did anyone ask about the bug splatters on your ski suit?
You must have been really hauling *** down that mountain!
I still have and wear my Klim suit on just about every ride! It saved my hide in Utah and will be there if I ever need it again. I bought the wife the same suit last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad to see you guys got some time to spend with each other.
Did anyone ask about the bug splatters on your ski suit?
You must have been really hauling *** down that mountain!
I still have and wear my Klim suit on just about every ride! It saved my hide in Utah and will be there if I ever need it again. I bought the wife the same suit last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the only guy up hear wearing Klim! What is up with that?

Most people are too intimidated to ask about my bug splatters because I look like an Olympic skier [emoji23]

I can’t believe no one has ask me for an autograph [emoji961]

Trips planned for this year:

May NM BDR - Cloudcroft to Antonio CO. Will probably use the CDR tracks.

June: Nelson BC.

Leave June 19thAM from Amarillo return Amarillo on July 1. Airbnb at Amarillo the 18th and 1st.

Hang out for a few days in Nelson BC (Koutenay Bay Area). There are several motorcycle Campgrounds in the area. Base camp and spend a few days riding dirt roads.

There will be 4 x400 mile days to get there and 4 x400 mile days back. I will spend 4 nights at Toad Rock. I will be camping at campgrounds up and back.

July: Wyoming and Florida with Sharon

August: S.Dakota and Gila TWT rally in NM

September: MABDR

October: probably Arkansas

November or December: big bend either before Thanksgiving or after Christmas.

The NM BDR we can accommodate 1 more riders, the Ma Bdr is full

Looking for 2 or 3 ADV riders for British Colombia. This trip will have a Super laid back vibe.

Back