• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Thanks. Yep it was wild, had the cruise on at 70mph on a perfectly straight road and all of a sudden my back wheel is coming around.
I had that happen on my 390 Adventure with the stock TKC70's right after a rain.

Just rolling along casually at 65 mph and the back end started coming around on me.

Luckily, I didn't have my ear plugs in so I heard the motor spin up and was able to get off the throttle before it got weird.

So much for traction control...

I had that happen on my 390 Adventure with the stock TKC70's right after a rain.

Just rolling along casually at 65 mph and the back end started coming around on me.

Luckily, I didn't have my ear plugs in so I heard the motor spin up and was able to get off the throttle before it got weird.

So much for traction control...

I hear you, my tc worked but the back just went down....boom in a second!

Nice thing is, Klim has a 5 year crash warranty so I get a new jacket, bought my Carlsbad 11-2019.

Bad part is they are out of stock so I will be wearing my klim Lattitude till they restock.

Thanks. Yep it was wild, had the cruise on at 70mph on a perfectly straight road and all of a sudden my back wheel is coming around.

Not really sore at all, the plastic knuckle protectors on my gloves, the right 2 knuckles was ground down 1/4”.

The klim pants have d3o pads on the hips, without that pad it would it have been different.

All kinds of things could have gone wrong. but the Lord continues to take care of this idiot[emoji41]
The mighty K60 strikes again.

...Yep it was wild, had the cruise on at 70mph on a perfectly straight road and all of a sudden my back wheel is coming around...
Whew! Glad you are ok.
I had the exact same thing happen Thursday 4.15.21 when coming up to Estelline on hwy 86. Lots of water on the road, had my throttle lock on, and the rear end just wanted to come around. Luckily I just shut down the throttle, did a few tank slaps, and rolled to a stop. Rode a lot slower after that, and did not use the throttle lock.
(Motoz Tractionator GPS on the back)

Had a camp out and hang out this weekend with my iron butt rally and Goldwing friends in Navasota.

South of normangee Friday about 3:30, the rain hit, I hit oil in the road going 70mph, bike went down, I slid about 100’.

My gear saved the day. No road rash! I would probably have a broke hip if it wasn’t for my klim lattitude pants.

View attachment 291362
View attachment 291363
View attachment 291364
View attachment 291365
View attachment 291366
View attachment 291367
View attachment 291368
Helmet never touched the ground. Had about 5 cars stop, one lady was calling 911. I said I am fine, just need some help picking the bike up.

One dude behind me said he thought I was dead when he saw how far I slid.

Bike never high sided. Finished my ride and did some of
Glad you only got a little road rash. Probably easier getting out of that hammock than up off the ground the morning after when stiffnes had set in.
Im off the bikes for a while. Going into the doc for mri in the morning due to a knee injury on Friday.

Glad you only got a little road rash. Probably easier getting out of that hammock than up off the ground the morning after when stiffnes had set in.
Im off the bikes for a while. Going into the doc for mri in the morning due to a knee injury on Friday.

What happened to your knee?

What happened to your knee?
Not bike related. I was jumping from one large log to another after a light rain and slipped on the slick log. Sounded like a 22lr shot went off in the knee. And it swelled to size of a socker ball. Last time this happened it was a year till i as able to mount up on a bike and over two years of limping. Same knee again.
Guess its time to find a new way to make money. Pole dancing is not working out well for me.

Glad Kevin is ok. Wife and I had a good discussion about riding gear. I am one to wear my jacket most times and helmet all times. Kevin's gear helped protect him. Bert and I rode about 5 hours today. He seems to be healed up. Thinking about what can happen in different situations is something we should consider. We love our sport. Today I wore all my gear. Jacket, pants, boots, helmet and I need gloves, I just use leather drivers. I was surprised how cool you can be in the gear with proper air flow. I guess my point to this is that we all have loved ones. We should dress to be as safe as possible. Seems to be pain at times but putting all the gear on is important. It always makes me think about safety when you see just how many you see wearing hardly anything or nothing for protection.

Not bike related. I was jumping from one large log to another after a light rain and slipped on the slick log. Sounded like a 22lr shot went off in the knee. And it swelled to size of a socker ball. Last time this happened it was a year till i as able to mount up on a bike and over two years of limping. Same knee again.
Guess its time to find a new way to make money. Pole dancing is not working out well for me.
Best of luck with your knee, Tim, that $%^@. This from one that finally gave up on dealing with bad knees, so just had both replaced. Heal quick.

Sorry to hear that but at least you know what the heck caused all the pain! You clearly have a high pain tolerance if you just found out today and you went jogging with them broken:-)

A crash at that speed I would’ve gone to the hospital to take a look at my internals, you never know. Glad it’s only some broken ribs and not worse, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Confirmed today Klim is replacing my jacket and pants with the newest Carlesbad. Win win!

I just upgraded my 7 year old klim lattitude in spring of 2020 with the Carlesbad.

Klim warranty is if you crash within 5 years of purchase they replace free of charge!

39341b3f3f0d0466343670b1a1fe7ab6.jpg

97081873c6eb092a72f568f67e7e2998.jpg

be40c28c50cf7f47f6a14db41fd5fd53.jpg

b44a6a66c2ce8400e385fce2fb61130f.jpg

Back