• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Here's a few from camping last night.

Attachments

• 20210514_191025.jpg
    20210514_191025.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 126
  • 20210514_190956.jpg
    20210514_190956.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 20210514_190948.jpg
    20210514_190948.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 122
Buddy backed out, so if anybody wants to come out to grasslands tomorrow night pm and come on...

I'm guessing not since I see pics where he still has all his fingers.
Some ideas are better than others.....haven’t touched the saw yet 😂

I am actually going to have rice along with my corn and ribeye

BTW: this 2020 Africa twin with the low seat is an absolutely game changer!! Apple car play allows me to run 2 GPS systems at the same time! It is like having an iPhone with 2 screens.
Wind protection and air flow is better than my gold wing ever thought about.

7F5BD20B-E5B6-4F45-8CC1-9132D46F4A61.jpeg

910A5D52-5CF1-4625-B414-846CE23FB8D8.jpeg

Whispering Dave that was a lot of fun, great pics. We could not find a stick of dry firewood, but with temps around 75 during the evening a little too warm. I guess there will be very few campfires till October in Texas.

Whispering Dave that was a lot of fun, great pics. We could not find a stick of dry firewood, but with temps around 75 during the evening a little too warm. I guess there will be very few campfires till October in Texas.
Keep me posted on camping. I get my pardon and release on june 4th. Im chomping at the bit to ride. Snuck out while the wife was working for a nice hour and a half ride yesterday and again today. I took the light one.
20210523_115749.jpg

Keep me posted on camping. I get my pardon and release on june 4th. Im chomping at the bit to ride. Snuck out while the wife was working for a nice hour and a half ride yesterday and again today. I took the light one. View attachment 293733
Camping and riding in Kerrville at the Hill Country 500 this weekend.

June 4th I will be in Boerne with Sharon in the truck "camping" at the Bevy hotel LOL

June 11th will probably scoot up to Oklahoma to camp.

During summertime, we have to head north for cooler evenings.

June 18th we take off for the northwest. I think we need to get away from the front range in Colorado as quickly as possible. I have a sneaky feeling Colorado is going to be inundated with RV folks.

Friday the 18th we will camp in the grasslands about 5 miles from Dalhart. Saturday ride Phantom Canyon Road in CO then quickly scoot to camp close to Walden CO. Sunday we blast off to the western middle of Wyoming on the skinny roads.

The rest of the week we will be in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. We will average about 350 - 400 mile days, hope to be at camp around 4 each day to enjoy the beauty and relax. I have to be back in town on July 1st to leave for Florida with the family and some friends on July 2nd.

July 15th to eastern Tennessee to ride and camp for a couple of days. Going and coming from TN will be high mileage, gas and go days. Camping to, during and from TN.

August 5th head to Sturgis for a few days.

August 21st head to Rich's rally in New Mexico for a couple of days.

Sharon has surgery on August 30th so I will be around the house for a couple of weeks.

September Rich mountain Rendezvous in Mena Ak.

That is all I have for right now.

Camping and riding in Kerrville at the Hill Country 500 this weekend.

June 4th I will be in Boerne with Sharon in the truck "camping" at the Bevy hotel LOL

June 11th will probably scoot up to Oklahoma to camp.

During summertime, we have to head north for cooler evenings.

June 18th we take off for the northwest. I think we need to get away from the front range in Colorado as quickly as possible. I have a sneaky feeling Colorado is going to be inundated with RV folks.

Friday the 18th we will camp in the grasslands about 5 miles from Dalhart. Saturday ride Phantom Canyon Road in CO then quickly scoot to camp close to Walden CO. Sunday we blast off to the western middle of Wyoming on the skinny roads.

The rest of the week we will be in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. We will average about 350 - 400 mile days, hope to be at camp around 4 each day to enjoy the beauty and relax. I have to be back in town on July 1st to leave for Florida with the family and some friends on July 2nd.

July 15th to eastern Tennessee to ride and camp for a couple of days. Going and coming from TN will be high mileage, gas and go days. Camping to, during and from TN.

August 5th head to Sturgis for a few days.

August 21st head to Rich's rally in New Mexico for a couple of days.

Sharon has surgery on August 30th so I will be around the house for a couple of weeks.

September Rich mountain Rendezvous in Mena Ak.

That is all I have for right now.
Thanks for the heads up. Ill shoot for the June 11.

The route is fluid and the riders are set.

Here is the "half a baker's dozen" or "Magnificent Seven" heading to Idaho on Friday June 18th;

1) Big Bad Biker Dude Kevin (me)
2) Sasquatch Aaron
3) Pumper Lee
4) Wild Bill
5) Flipit Phil
6) Whispering Dave
7) Cowboy Cody (I know it is Uncle Buck, but when I saw him get bucked off his Afric Twin about 4 years ago, it is Cowboy Cody for me) (Cody has to be home by June 23rd, so he will turn around at the Tetons)

I sent a text to all the guys to get emergency contact information.

I am heading out on Thursday, June 17th for some alone time to camp at the Grasslands north of Dalhart.

spot tracker goes live June 17th

Last edited:
We are headed there in July. Be looking for your daily reports, tips, tricks and shenanigans.

We are headed there in July. Be looking for your daily reports, tips, tricks and shenanigans.

What could possibly go wrong.......Seven "easy-going, laid back" riders on big adventure bikes......hmmmmmmmm

I have a better feeling about this crew than the crew from last year. I have traveled many miles and shared many campfires with these gentlemen.

First day on the road last year and I realized there will be some personality challenges :) Sure enough, 7 go up, 2 of us make it to the Canadian border on the Idaho BDR!

Back