• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Here are my quirks I sent to the guys today. This is what I have found to keep expectations in check on long distance group tours.

Quirks

1. 5 over speed limit, except dirt and fun twisties
  2. 100 miles before breakfast
  3. Lunch: eat sandwiches in pretty or remote places, not gas station or restaurant. I will usually go about 30 minutes ahead of restaurant group and wait there.
  4. Camp 2 or 3 nights, motel/ air bnb /or cabin 4th night. I prefer established camp sites.
  5. Wash clothes every 3, 4 or 5 days
  6. Everybody ride their own ride
  7. No one gets left behind, buddy system
  8. Get supplies for evening around 2 or 3pm
  9. Camp within 30 minutes of hotel group.
  10. Ride about 7 hours per day. Actual riding time, not counting breaks.
  11. Calm, positive attitude and respect for others in group.
  12. Have the time of your life!
  13. Place others needs above my agenda, routes and schedule.

Here are my quirks I sent to the guys today. This is what I have found to keep expectations in check on long distance group tours.

Quirks

1. 5 over speed limit, except dirt and fun twisties
  2. 100 miles before breakfast
  3. Lunch: eat sandwiches in pretty or remote places, not gas station or restaurant. I will usually go about 30 minutes ahead of restaurant group and wait there.
  4. Camp 2 or 3 nights, motel/ air bnb /or cabin 4th night. I prefer established camp sites.
  5. Wash clothes every 3, 4 or 5 days
  6. Everybody ride their own ride
  7. No one gets left behind, buddy system
  8. Get supplies for evening around 2 or 3pm
  9. Camp within 30 minutes of hotel group.
  10. Ride about 7 hours per day. Actual riding time, not counting breaks.
  11. Calm, positive attitude and respect for others in group.
  12. Have the time of your life!
  13. Place others needs above my agenda, routes and schedule.
2R1F.gif

I know the Idaho ride is not even started yet, but looks like I am heading back to the Black Hills Thursday July 15 - Sunday July 18th for the Revzilla ADV-fest.

https://www.revzilla.com/adv-fest

I will leave Wednesday July 14th. If anybody wants to go hit me up.

Spot tracker, they have a new system, so far not working

Yep, not working yet. Interesting. I thought that since SPOT was acquired by Garmin that it would all be consolidated into one system. Not so I see. One caveat with the Inreach tracker if there is nothing current you have to click a little "View All Tracks" button in the upper right. I looked for it on your SPOT tracker. Nothing like that.
Just for comparison https://share.garmin.com/EdHess

Looking forward to following the adventure from the confinements of my desk and workdays.

Camped out in Yampa valley at black tail BLM camp. About 20 miles east of Kremmling Colorado.

Scored a campsite. Shared a camp fire with a gsa dude that works with my buddy back home.

Tonight we made it to sinks canyon state park. Scored the last two walk in camp sites on the river.

ED3E7D13-0896-4E57-9ABA-0D1CA2F876F4.jpeg

F45F263E-0481-406F-8308-5FCAC5FDD875.jpeg

I’m always amazed at what I can learn from a ride report.

Today I learned there is a show about Dutton Ranch and a character named Beth who is crazy. Thanks to your clues and google. I’ll crawl back under my rock now until you guys stump me again and I have to hit google to find out what’s going on.

Meet Kevin:
AKA misterk
Rider
Reporter
Educator
Steak eater
Hammock hanger

Lookin in on the Magnificent 7. Hmmm, kinda quiet. Tracker appears the adventurers had forgotten something and backtracked a good ways.

Oh wait. No, upon closer inspection, they must have just been really thirsty. Thirty some miles out and back to visit Ten Sleep Brewing Co. Adventure indeed! :rider:

Back in the human world, at Winter Park Co, tonight. Camping at trailhead inn!

Spent the last two nights at my secret Campground, Wild Bill and Flipit Phil rode to the Little Big Horn battlefield yesterday while Whispering Dave and I hung out at camp.

got a shower for $2 at ten sleep brewery. Sat at the gas station in Ten asleep and talked with bikers

day 6 and 7 are up on the YouTube

B6424E3A-4042-42F6-9053-F3D33177898D.png

F6F9CFB3-6857-424D-BC8F-47E5C06C096C.jpeg

DEA263FD-E597-46C2-A436-C9A0D535C09B.jpeg

32470572-818B-4864-9305-122F11DAA27E.jpeg

Back