• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Man, that video was great and route was really good.

Could you share the route that was covered in that video sometime?
Route…LOL…. We go from point A to point B. Google Phantom Canyon road

06474FAD-CE9B-4328-91C6-FC0B0A4ABF54.jpeg

Lookin in on the Magnificent 7. Hmmm, kinda quiet. Tracker appears the adventurers had forgotten something and backtracked a good ways.

Oh wait. No, upon closer inspection, they must have just been really thirsty. Thirty some miles out and back to visit Ten Sleep Brewing Co. Adventure indeed! :rider:

Attachments

• 49BD9EE5-4881-4822-A6C7-19BF760B33CA.jpeg
    49BD9EE5-4881-4822-A6C7-19BF760B33CA.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 94
Lookin in on the Magnificent 7. Hmmm, kinda quiet. Tracker appears the adventurers had forgotten something and backtracked a good ways.

Oh wait. No, upon closer inspection, they must have just been really thirsty. Thirty some miles out and back to visit Ten Sleep Brewing Co. Adventure indeed! :rider:
Only one, Misterk, had the privilege of TenSleep's brews and shower, And he didn't even bring any for Phil & I who hoofed it to the Little Bighorn Monument, LOL

Made it home on Wednesday June 30th about 7pm.

Day 9 video is done. Airbnb camp about 7 mikes south of Columbus Montana. Super sketchy getting to camp with a possible brown bear around!

Rode bear tooth, ate Bbq in Cody. Arrived at super secret campsite about 25 miles from Ten Sleep Wyoming.

Interesting note: on day 3 about 20 miles from Lander Wyoming I am cruising along about 70mph with 53 miles remaining on gas tank.

Suddenly the 2020 Africa Twin sputters and starts getting fuel starved. I pulled over, took a pee, and said a few angry words. Got back in the bike and it started right up. Rode the west of the way to camp at Sinks Canyon, no issues.

Refilled the next morning in Lander. No more issues (I refilled tank each time at half empty) until about 7 Mike’s from Dillon Montana a day later. Same thing happened, I had 50 miles remaining on tank.

No more issues until final day to home. I got gas in Wichita Falls. Made it 40 mikes to Bowie before bike started cutting out, with a Semi truck behind and beside me!

I made it home having to stop every 10 miles to stop bike, relieve pressure on clogged fuel filter and resume. By the time I got 5 mikes from house I had to restart every 1/2 mile.

Took bike to DFW Honda on Thursday to have gas tank scrubbed and new fuel pump (filter is attached to fuel pump). I trust Mark the mechanic to do his usual meticulous work on the tank. DFW Honda has the fuel pump in stock.

I am in Florida now on a vacation with family. Will pick up bike and leave for Sturgis Revzilla ADV rally week after next. This winter I will add the guglatech filter to pump.

Honda finally fixed the gas tank issue on Africa Twin Adventure Sports in March of 2020. Mine had a build date of February 2020!

The tank recall had been done by Al Lambs Honda before the previous owner purchased in January 2021. Obviously they did not scrub the tank!

Bummer on the fuel issue. Glad you made it home okay. I put a Guglatech filter on my 19 when I did the cruise control. It shows no outstanding recalls so the dealer must have taken care of that before I bought it. Sure am hoping the Guglatech does it's job.

Bummer on the fuel issue. Glad you made it home okay. I put a Guglatech filter on my 19 when I did the cruise control. It shows no outstanding recalls so the dealer must have taken care of that before I bought it. Sure am hoping the Guglatech does it's job.
The recall is only on the Adventure Sports (big tank) if yours is an AS then yes it was already done. Honda had a “no sale” till fixed recall.

Yes it is the AS. Did not really trust their fix, which I figured they had to do before delivery, so hence the Guglatech filter. I am glad I have the bigger tank. Your adventure sounds like a great time. I used to live in Wyoming and you were real close to some of my old stomping grounds in the Bighorns. I do miss the mountains and cooler, at least dryer, air.

Great shots David!

I whole heartedly agree what a fantastic trip it was. We couldn't have asked for better group chemistry along with the fantastic routes MisterK provided!

Cant believe i busted my leg and missed this one.
In NM with Aaron right now.
Kevin have you ever camped at rock city state park NM? The camp sights are awesome
20210704_172516.jpg

20210704_173752.jpg

Back