• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Wanted to thank Aaron for putting us up for the Thursday night at the start of the trip and Cody cooking the steaks Aaron had furnished. Thanks to Kevin for the whole trip. He knows an amazing amount of routes and places to visit. Not only was it a vacation but also a good learning experience. Lots of little things that you can apply to future trips. What was great was that it really wasn't planned by every little detail. The trip evolved and that made the experience unique. Everyone got along and we just had a great trip and experience. A moto trip like this one is something a lot of folks should experience. Thanks everyone.

I am in Florida this week, but spoke to DFW Honda, Gas tank should be done by Tuesday. Then Wednesday around noon, I am heading to South Dakota to the Revzilla adv fest at the chip in sturgis.
462822E3-29DB-41C8-9D0E-87538F9A00C9.jpeg

Wanted to thank Aaron for putting us up for the Thursday night at the start of the trip and Cody cooking the steaks Aaron had furnished. Thanks to Kevin for the whole trip. He knows an amazing amount of routes and places to visit. Not only was it a vacation but also a good learning experience. Lots of little things that you can apply to future trips. What was great was that it really wasn't planned by every little detail. The trip evolved and that made the experience unique. Everyone got along and we just had a great trip and experience. A moto trip like this one is something a lot of folks should experience. Thanks everyone.
This was one of my favorite trips! All three of the guys were humble, they hit the triple c very well!

1. camped well
2. Cooked well
3. Cruised well

most guys could not do a 13 day motorcycle trip with only one hotel stay and not whine like a little kid! We had no set route, we shifted with the weather and achieved our objective!

These men loved it and flourished in that environment. I would ride with these men again anytime!

If I complain about your sideways posted pic, do I get kicked out of the C-club?

I leave for South Dakota in an hour. Got bike back yesterday. I spoke to the mechanic, he said it had a ton of junk in the tank. He scrubbed with Brillo pad and replaced pump and both filters. I am still putting on the guglatech filter this winter.

spot if you want to follow along. I have an Airbnb in liberal Kansas tonight $35!

Day 12-13 from Idaho is up

I leave for South Dakota in an hour. Got bike back yesterday. I spoke to the mechanic, he said it had a ton of junk in the tank. He scrubbed with Brillo pad and replaced pump and both filters. I am still putting on the guglatech filter this winter.

spot if you want to follow along. I have an Airbnb in liberal Kansas tonight $35!

Have a safe trip @misterk - we'll be watching how your trip goes.

Odd place to stop. Id be afraid the liberal might rub off.
So was the trash in there from new or was it picked up at a fueling stop?

Odd place to stop. Id be afraid the liberal might rub off.
So was the trash in there from new or was it picked up at a fueling stop?
Great Airbnb, Daniel and Sherry are great hosts and they are conservative in their political views. Nice little room for $35.

the ATAS models 2018-2020 most had this issue. It is a known problem. Honda’s solution on the recall was to wash the tank out. The real solution is to scrub the tank to get the remaining crap out. Google africa twin tank issues. Strange the standard version (small tank) didn’t have the issue.

About 94 degrees and it was like riding in air conditioning, I zipped up my jacket and poured water down my sleeves, chest and back about 3x today using my LD comfort shirt and pant liner. Strong winds from the south.

bike performed perfect!

View attachment 297518
After our discussion on this topic at our camp trip to brine lake i tried it while riding across New Mexico near white sands last week with Aaron. Since i dont do a camel back i tried to drink 1/2-2/3 of a water bottle every hour and pored the rest down inside my jacket front, back and sleeves. The nice thing is i could do it under way.
It works great and while it was still hot at times it felt almost cold while riding in the shade.
Thanks for the tip. I was skeptical that it would be better than a mesh but it really works great.

Back