• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s 2021 wanderings

Just spent 4 days in BB. Make sure you hit Old Roy Orbison Road. Nice and challenging under current conditions. Stay out of Marfa, unless you just like spending $25 for a chicken salad sandwich.
Marfa no longer even exists IMO! What the heck is happening to TX?

Well, it's actually 'Old Ore Road'. I just used some artistic license for a more dramatic effect.
A little sketchy on a big bike - but definitely doable. Piece of cake on a little bike.
Cool road though, because you feel like you are REALY in the wilderness.
You can prolly do that loop in an hour, maybe 1.5 hours.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 6.46.09 PM.png

Marfa no longer even exists IMO! What the heck is happening to TX?
Yeah, last time I was there (maybe 2015?) it was so deserted I thought The Rapture had come. This time it was completely overrun with hipsters selling boutique specialty cuisine.

Well, it's actually 'Old Ore Road'. I just used some artistic license for a more dramatic effect.
A little sketchy on a big bike - but definitely doable. Piece of cake on a little bike.
Cool road though, because you feel like you are REALY in the wilderness.
You can prolly do that loop in an hour, maybe 1.5 hours.

View attachment 309129
I found old ore rd a blast on my super tenere. Old marathon rd with its sections of soft deep sand was another story.
I love the riding out there and plan to head out there Dec 27 for a few days.

Hey, did you kids ever decide if you're gonna go camping this Friday(12.10)? Me and a buddy are going to be rattling around the state and might crash your party - if we are in the right neighborhood. Weather looking good for a December.
Yep, tonight at the grasslands, shoot me a text and I will send you a pin

Back