• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s fall 2020 ramblings

Back at the grasslands tonight. I bought a new hammock, warbonnett blackbird. So far it seems more comfortable than the Hennessey. We will see in the morning.......

001d7a44e35de08b33cb2d984fde9ec6.jpg

Hmm, wonder what is for supper?

Uh-oh. Will your body cope without a full steak tonight?

That stew was delicious! Woke up this morning to 29 degrees.

I slept 10 hours in my new hammock. No cold spots. 20degree top and under quilt worked like a champ!

Love the blackbird hammock, I could even sleep on my side.

I was concerned if my underquilt would work because it was made for the Hennessey. I did take my Hennessey as a back up.

I was wondering about your quilt setup. That has always been where I stop going down the hammock hole. It seems to me by the time you pack all of that a solo tent pad and sleeping bag are about the same size. I could be totally wrong, happens too often. I need to catch you out and check it out.

I was wondering about your quilt setup. That has always been where I stop going down the hammock hole. It seems to me by the time you pack all of that a solo tent pad and sleeping bag are about the same size. I could be totally wrong, happens too often. I need to catch you out and check it out.

Hammock camping is NOT a space or money saver. You have to have something under you even if it is 75 degrees or lower.

It is not for everyone, but for me it is the best nights sleep I have all week. Last night was really spectacular because absolutely zero wind. It can be 25 degrees but if you layer and have proper quilts it feels very cozy.

Now, in the morning trying to get coffee going, you hate to take your gloves off [emoji23]

Hammock camping is NOT a space or money saver. You have to have something under you even if it is 75 degrees or lower.

It is not for everyone, but for me it is the best nights sleep I have all week. Last night was really spectacular because absolutely zero wind. It can be 25 degrees but if you layer and have proper quilts it feels very cozy.

Now, in the morning trying to get coffee going, you hate to take your gloves off [emoji23]
Bet this would work in the place of quilts under your bag. :shrug: Just saying. For 2 bucks ,would be neat if it worked.

Bet this would work in the place of quilts under your bag. :shrug: Just saying. For 2 bucks ,would be neat if it worked.

Been there done that many times over....you get what you pay for in the hammock world.

Yes, leaving tomorrow about noon for a private campground near Marble falls.

Heading out Friday about 1 heading to somewhere for a couple of nights.......hmm

Iv been itching to head out to paloduro canyon. Only been there once and it was a drive by with Aaron.

May is a better month for panhandle. This weekend the lows will be 34. I am ok with 34 in January. But this time of the year there are warmer places to go.

What is your second itching destination?

I was suppose to go with Aaron and Lee Friday. He bailed, he has some sort of equal rights March where he is participating [emoji23]

Preston and I heading to kriver campground Friday. Head to Mena on Saturday start at cherry hill and head south on dirt. That way we can be home Sunday late morning.

You should swing by Cossatot Falls. Pretty impressive area, and you'll be so close!

Well, that's about 4 hours away from Dallas. You won't get home 'early' Sunday.

You'z guy'z got room for one more, or is this a private gig?

Well, that's about 4 hours away from Dallas. You won't get home 'early' Sunday.

You'z guy'z got room for one more, or is this a private gig?

Come on, we are going to meet Super Dave aka twowheelnut and his Buddy in Mena on Saturday.

If my gigs were private I wouldn’t be posting them here.

Come on, we are going to meet Super Dave aka twowheelnut and his Buddy in Mena on Saturday.

If my gigs were private I wouldn’t be posting them here.
We're spending Friday night in Texarkana at a hotel and then riding up to Mena Saturday morning to meet Kevin and Preston.

I'm riding with a buddy that is just getting in to ADV riding so we'll likely be going a slower pace.

You are welcome to join us if you don't feel like camping. We'll be trailering to Texarkana and coming home Saturday night after the ride.

Back