• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s fall 2020 ramblings

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
To kick off this great fall weather I loaded bike up today and headed to birch lake on Oklahoma and Kansas border.

It is not cool as promised [emoji2959]

9f0b15e1d4d93bbb8e75083463a5a233.jpg

d4ab9e0ceebcee65d5325c0e692156e4.jpg

Where both sides of my family is from

6f9f7d9fe3eac48b80fb17a58b44e5bd.jpg

I always lose a camp shoe

fc35918750dfc9e2dc9264a752900a80.jpg

Guess what is for dinner [emoji23]

To kick off this great fall weather I loaded bike up today and headed to birch lake on Oklahoma and Kansas border.

View attachment 272517

View attachment 272518

View attachment 272519

View attachment 272520

View attachment 272517

View attachment 272518

View attachment 272519

View attachment 272520

Think I found your camp shoe and your dinner

Are you running the Trailmax Missions? If so, how do you like them?

The bike does look a lot more streamlined that I remember in the past.

Are you running the Trailmax Missions? If so, how do you like them?

The bike does look a lot more streamlined that I remember in the past.

I am surprised by the missions. I actually like them. Before I left for South Dakota I took it out to trophy club off road park. I did some sandy single track, fully loaded with my camping gear to test out the tire.

It was pretty funny all the looks I got. My bike looked like a draft horse compared to all the little dirt bikes[emoji23]

A kid on a kx65 was reviving his motor behind me in a pissed off fashion. I pulled over to let him pass then he dumped it right in front of me. It was hilarious.

But on the tire topic, I have about 4K miles on them now and it looks like it will be about a 7-8k tire. I do miss the big lugs on the side of the K60, so I have a k60 in the garage ready. However, the mission tire has a more round profile so better on the street.

The mission tire was the most difficult tire I ever installed on a motorcycle. Took a lot of lube and cuss words[emoji2959]

I am surprised by the missions. I actually like them. Before I left for South Dakota I took it out to trophy club off road park. I did some sandy single track, fully loaded with my camping gear to test out the tire.

It was pretty funny all the looks I got. My bike looked like a draft horse compared to all the little dirt bikes[emoji23]

A kid on a kx65 was reviving his motor behind me in a pissed off fashion. I pulled over to let him pass then he dumped it right in front of me. It was hilarious.

But on the tire topic, I have about 4K miles on them now and it looks like it will be about a 7-8k tire. I do miss the big lugs on the side of the K60, so I have a k60 in the garage ready. However, the mission tire has a more round profile so better on the street.

The mission tire was the most difficult tire I ever installed on a motorcycle. Took a lot of lube and cuss words[emoji2959]
I actually liked my mission better once I got over three k miles on it. The round profile flattened a little and felt better in the dirt. I also found I could air down to as low as 25# on the ibdr and it did better in that two inch deep loose gravel.

I am surprised by the missions. I actually like them.
That's how I've felt about the Mission rear. Thought it wouldn't be enough, but so far, so good.

I've haven't had it in anything too bad though. Just dirt, rocks, gravel and a little mud. I think I want to try the front next.

I've got a more aggressive Anakee Wild up there right now. I don't mind having a little less traction in the back, but nervous to lose the knobs in the front.

That's how I've felt about the Mission rear. Thought it wouldn't be enough, but so far, so good.

I've haven't had it in anything too bad though. Just dirt, rocks, gravel and a little mud. I think I want to try the front next.

I've got a more aggressive Anakee Wild up there right now. I don't mind having a little less traction in the back, but nervous to lose the knobs in the front.

I am the same way, I have a k60 on the front.

I am the same way, I have a k60 on the front.
I’m not sure what Ian Love or his buddy from Arkansas had on their KTM’s. What ever they had it was much more aggressive then the mission. I thought the front end tending to wash in the loose gravel berms thrown up by the logging trucks was caused by the mission tire till they were talking about how bad it was for them. After that I Decided it was just the way it was with those road conditions. Initially I had 35psi front and rear because of the load of camping gear, tools etc. I took a chance on 25 psi and it made a noticeable difference.

I did a full day of sand with 32/32 psi and didn’t drop the bike. Felt sketchy at times but I was able to buck the motorcycle around. Was pretty impressed.

Some guy on adv rider has a rear with 9,000 on it and it looks like not even half wear.

I did a full day of sand with 32/32 psi and didn’t drop the bike. Felt sketchy at times but I was able to buck the motorcycle around. Was pretty impressed.

Some guy on adv rider has a rear with 9,000 on it and it looks like not even half wear.

I saw that, so I will see how I do on this mission.

Got a camp site for Friday night at great planes state park in mountain park Oklahoma. About 10 miles west of the Wichita mountains.

If someone is itching to go camp come on and bring a steak.

I will be at the mountain shade campground tent sight T-0015.

I will be exploring dirt roads on the way back home to dfw Saturday.

Got a camp site for Friday night at great planes state park in mountain park Oklahoma. About 10 miles west of the Wichita mountains.

If someone is itching to go camp come on and bring a steak.

I will be at the mountain shade campground tent sight T-0015.

I will be exploring dirt roads on the way back home to dfw Saturday.
What will the temp be up there in Yankee land?

Back