• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin’s fall 2020 ramblings

I will never make this mistake again, I grabbed the last sight, there were 10 little kids next campsite. I found another site and that said available so I moved.

5451ba544d5cc1ef060686372f0ba10d.jpg

Menu tonight is rice, beans and sausage. I have had steak like 4 times this week....

I even brought my pot

ad09c3b8fa68255556f2d92dcda00732.jpg

I prefer using wood to cook with but soot isn't my friend. It's usually smeared on my face, hands, and clothes after cleaning the pot with detergent. The stove I pack in a large zip lock bag. How do you handle it?

I prefer using wood to cook with but soot isn't my friend. It's usually smeared on my face, hands, and clothes after cleaning the pot with detergent. The stove I pack in a large zip lock bag. How do you handle it?

I use charcoal so not much soot. I do use some wood chips I find on the ground to enhance the heat for boiling.

I carry a cloth bag I throw the pot in so it doesn’t get messy inside the pannier.

Also when I tour and camp, I rarely wash dishes, I just wipe out clean with some wet wipes then Use heat from stove to kill any additional coodies [emoji41]

Friday October 2nd camping at Jap Beaver lake in Waurika OK or Aaron’s ranch in Graham. He and I are in discussions and negotiations [emoji23]

I found Jap Beaver a couple of weeks ago on way to Great Plains Park.

I think I am done with state parks for a while. Too many people....

Is there too many people on the weekends or is it also the case during the week? I'm new to motorcycle camping and was planning on camping at some state parks (TX, OK, and AR) in the near future.

Friday October 2nd camping at Jap Beaver lake in Waurika OK or Aaron’s ranch in Graham. He and I are in discussions and negotiations [emoji23]

I found Jap Beaver a couple of weeks ago on way to Great Plains Park.

Not sure who would torment the other worse :lol2:

Is there too many people on the weekends or is it also the case during the week? I'm new to motorcycle camping and was planning on camping at some state parks (TX, OK, and AR) in the near future.

During the week no problem. They all require reservations so look at the map closely

I settled on a hip camp for Friday night up near Byer texas. Close to Waurika. I hope it doesn’t belong to an ax murderer [emoji23]. If he is, then I will post a bad review [emoji23]

I set my route with copilot, I use REVER to record the route. I hit 120 miles of beautiful dirt roads.

852f729c2c78e64b33ac841e5309f29f.jpg

Attachments

• 64a81de66fcbf6c3eba68ebb28f8471e.jpg
    64a81de66fcbf6c3eba68ebb28f8471e.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 140
Back