• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kevin Graulty's pics from the AMA Hall of Fame Trip - 2006

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Kev is techno challenged so he asked me to post these pics up for him ;-)

I've no clue about the descriptions for the pics, he'll have to answer those questions.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Last edited:
And more...

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Last edited:
and finally...

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting my pics from the Hall of Fame event. In the last photo, I'm standing with John Munro, Bert's son ("World's Fastest Indian" fame). Bert Munro was one of the Hall-of-Fame inductees this year (posthumously in this case), and they had John travel from Invicargill, New Zealand, to accept the honor. He's in his seventies now himself, but what a gracious character and speaker. People mobbed him at the inductee dinner that Saturdy night, where I ran into him and grabbed this photo. He was quite gracious, and took time to talk with me about meeting Anthony Hopkins and helping with the production of the movie. He then autographed a copy of the event poster for me, and the program for that evening's speakers and inductees.

Also, I'd love to caption each of the other photos, but I don't know how. Many of you will recognize the four-cylinder Indian, and the Chief, but there were incredibly prepared British bikes (many of my favorites of all time). The Brough Superior SS80, the Vincent Black Shadow, an Ariel Square-Four, the Triumphs, all were examples of why British motorcycles, in my opinion, were the standard of the world for decades (before the Japanese dethroned them beginning in the late 1960's).

Other notable attendees were Craig Vetter, Cook Neilson, and Doug Chandler.

Sincerely, Kevin G.

The blue Chief looks exactly like the one on display at the New Ulm rally last spring. Can't imagine there would be two just like it.

Love looking at vintage bikes and appreciate the amount of care and effort the owners (such as yourself) put into them.

This was my first chance to look the pictures over, (lack of highspeed connection at the house)
Congratulations Kevin, Thanks for sharing the experience!:clap:

Back