• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Killer Multi Day Ride Posted by Rocky Mountain ATV

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Oh so many memories... Rsquared was the winner of the Tomboy flat years ago. Same spot changing it. Maybe the same nail... don't think he kept it as a momento. I just remember we had the dickens getting the bead to break loose on his tire. Riding over Imogene is grand but if you stand around long enough at that altitude getting back in the saddle is interesting.

The route they're riding is way cool. I've done a bunch of it but from the other direction. Going from Telluride to Moab. Just seeing the rapid change in geology from Alpine mountains to red rock arches is astonishing. And you really get down into red rock cayons once into Utah. Very remote seldomly visited areas. This is definitely a group ride. Next September sound good?

YES!!!

RG, I really want to go now !!! But I think we should talk seriously about planning either a multi-day out and back ride like with Scott and his buddies a few years ago or maybe we can find someone to haul our gear for us to a new destination each night. Either way I am anxious to explore the area between Moab and Telluride, looks amazing!

I have to be in Denver in a couple of weeks on September 8th, pondering loading up the bikes and trucking up that way for some solo exploring. Not sure if anybody is going to be in CO in a couple of weeks or not. Moab itself seems pretty hot right now, so I am just daydreaming...

MOAB has some things that Colorado doesn't and they are pretty Awesome. I only spent one day there as my wife and daughter had me on a short leash going to Yellowstone and then the Grand Canyon. Montana and Idaho have their own specialties as well. The Slickrock bike trail was on my bucket list. I would have preferred to ride the 300 but my Map wasn't good for the Slick Rock elevation. The 790 was a handful but that made it much more challenging. Still going to go back and do Five Miles of H=LL soon.

I'd definitely be interested in joining that ride.

I've done a lot of the Colorado parts, but never been to Moab yet and haven't done the Colorado parts as a multi day adventure but more as out and back from Creede or Silverton.

Anyway...someone put it on a calendar and I'll try hard to make it happen.

They suggest September as a good month and I'd agree.

September of 2020 would be a really short planning window, September of 2021 could be pretty doable.

September is a great month. As you can see on the video the leaves are changing and weather is nice. Usually school starts and there are less people.

Sign me up. And I can prolly scrape up 2-3 more capable guys.
I've done the Alpine Loop, and ridden in and near Moab. Putting them all together would be awesome.

Moab is a magical place .... once you get there you really need an off-road trail bike and a dual sport bike. Next May or June? Emma Long and Hidden Falls are great places to get ready.

So...not committing here. But if I could figure out how to do this ride over labor day weekend with an extra day before or after, is there anyone that would want to and be able to join me?

Yes... I realize this is a 4 day ride that we'd be planning only 2 weeks before we ride. But...sometimes last-minute rides end up being great.

Are you talking big bikes, or little bikes?
Camping or Hotels?
I could definitely pull it off time-wise.
Of course, you would have to wait for me at every intersection.

Are you talking big bikes, or little bikes?
Camping or Hotels?
I could definitely pull it off time-wise.
Of course, you would have to wait for me at every intersection.
Honestly. I'm open to whatever. Maybe I ride my 790 and you ride the Husky to even it out some. Or I could ride.my 500EXC but I need to order a larger tank. Regardless, you are a strong enough rider and your pace is fine.

I'm ok with hotels.or camping. Camping might be easier given the short time line but I can do hotels.

My big constraint is time. I'd want to trailer there in a day, ride 3-4 days and then trailer home in a day so I'm gone 5 or 6 days max. Ideally, I could do it by only taking the Thursday and Friday before labor day off and labor day itself which I alreadyhave off.

Maybe leave Wednesday night, ride Thursday to Sunday, come home Monday.. I have the truck and a trailer to get 3 or more bikes there from DFW.

I'm open to variants of this plan as long as it limits my days off Monday through Friday.

Hit me up on FB or DM if you want. We could probably figure it out.

Last edited:
I just started watching this a little while ago. Looks like a great route!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

looks like fun...
start about 18:21 if the link doesn't do it for you

Back