• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kisatchie NF

Reaction score
I know its a good drive for some of you guys but the Kisatchie is now open. I ride mostly in the Cravens trails NE of DeRidder, LA. Cravens is a stop sign town a couple miles fron the trailhead with two convenience stores both with non-eth gas. 87 oct, used it for many years with no issues. Excellent trailhead with bathroom and maps available. Typical NF rules but the Ranger is a great guy with no prejudice or agenda. Just pay the fee, act like an adult, stay on the estabilished trails and enjoy your day with zero hassle.

Well looks like we lost all the recent posts in this thread. To refresh, I would be available most weekdays or weekends to ride. I'll be camping and doing at least two days of riding to make the long 3-hour plus drive there worth it. Primitive campground with pit toilet is free. Bring your own water and haul out your trash. Daily ride fee is $5 or you can visit a ranger station and pay $50 for an annual pass.

Below thread link has gpx tracks for the actual trails. Click on the 5th viewer down if you want to view or download the kisatchie enduro file for your gps.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Yep, good info. There is a big metal container for garbage. Large covered pavillion with multiple picnic tables also. Another attraction is Fullerton Lake campground about five minutes away. Small lake with surprisingly good fishing for those who might want another diversion while there a couple days.

Back