• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Klim Induction gloves review

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

My old leather perforated summer leather gloves just fell apart after ten years. So I shopped around, and also asked on this forum for recommendations. Being happy with my Klim mesh jacket and pants, I opted for these Klim summer mesh gloves:

They arrived after a UPS delivery hiccup, courtesy of a neighbor that found the package thrown between two houses.

My thoughts after two longish rides on my Guzzi:

• fit as measured is spot on, and that is great news for mail order
  • the over quality is superb, just flawless
  • outside leather seams, zip closure with velcro tab, and armor knuckles all work together nicely with flexible panels
  • the perforations do flow air, and I like that here on the Gulf Coast
  • I really like the pull on loops, great little addition and small visor cleaning blade
  • no pinch points observed, or any circulation cut on fingers
  • palms are extra padded that help avoid nerve constriction
  • color matches my Klim jacket, so they are handsome.
Five stars out of five. Worth the relatively high cost. I will wear these most of the year and switch to full gauntlets when temps drop.

Thanks again to those who offered summer glove suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpeg
    IMG_1741.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 441
Thanks again to those who offered summer glove suggestions.

Yet you will throw away gear before offering it up in order to find a good home.

Are you beginning to understand why folks give you a hard time?

Grabbed a pair and love the heck of these gloves. Great quality and comfort. I've always worn gauntlet type gloves so I do feel a bit naked with these. With my bike I can probably get down into the high 50's and still be OK, but just ordered a pair of Rev'It waterproof gauntlets to fill the gap for when these won't do.

Yet you will throw away gear before offering it up in order to find a good home.

Not to mention deleting threads that didn't get the answer he was looking for only to start up another thread asking the same questions. ;) Or just deleting threads all together. Remember the one where he was going to be selling a boat load of firearms? Poof, gone without a mention. Not good form if you ask me.

And back on the gloves ... I bought a pair as well, I like the short gloves for summer and these definitely exceeded my expectations. I really like the easy on easy off back of hand zipper, the soft feel of the leather, and the fit is perfect. Good piece of kit.

@Lucydad you ok? Haven't posted since 10-13 or been online since 14th. Hope no covid problem.

I need to remember these, seems every one who has tried them likes them. My current short gloves are getting kind of worn.

Poor baby, you wanted his old gloves that he said had "fallen apart"

Might be good for everyone to take a deep breath. I'm out of the loop as far as any simmering animosity that appears to be going on, but would offer that it could probably all be resolved with a cold beer or a good ride. Cool weather is almost here if we can all just hang on for a another day or two.

Being thin skinned AND on a motorcycle forum is risky at best and can lead to butt-hurt-ed-ness in extreme cases. Some guys just keep at it and wonder why it doesn't get better. I say post what you want, ignore me and Mitch and move on. Not a big deal. I ignore several members that post things I don't care about. Surely, some ignore me because of my awesome comments. So, there you go, some of us are rumored to be adults, we should just go on and enjoy our rides. I really don't care if I annoy someone with a comment, but I don't always do it intentionally and when I do it is usually pretty obvious. I think Lucydad is doing what he wants and if he so desires, he will be back on his terms. No need to pester him. It was rumored yesterday he was in Hawaii so maybe he has better stuff to do than pay attention to TWT. Lets go ride.

Just for the record, I sure hope genuine concern is not pestering. Care less about this thread. A guy who is very active and goes awol makes me nervous in these times. I'm losing 1 or more friend or acquaintance a week to covid or complications of it Just hoping all is well.

Poor baby, you wanted his old gloves that he said had "fallen apart"
Not at all, Dad.

Just found it very odd he'd prefer to throw them away rather than give them a good home.

And if you don't like what I post, follow Doug's sage advice and please ignore me.
It's very simple.

Click on my username
Up pops a box and one of the tabs says "ignore"
Works very well.

Wore the Klims home from work the other night when temps were in the low 60's. I didn't turn on the heated grips because I wanted to see how they'd do. Depending on my route my commute can be on the highway or cutting through residential streets. I elected to stay off the highway and my hands were alright for the brief 15 minute ride home. Any longer my hands would've started to get uncomfortable.

So for me, on my FJR, these won't work down into the 50's like ventilated gauntlets that were replaced.

I have the exact pair (same color) and really love them. I have to clean them now since my son decided to use them as work gloves when we were putting sod in the yard. Darn 11 year olds don't understand that there are work gloves and moto gloves. He did do that after I got hurt riding so he may have been trying to tell me something.

Wore the Klims home from work the other night when temps were in the low 60's. I didn't turn on the heated grips because I wanted to see how they'd do. Depending on my route my commute can be on the highway or cutting through residential streets. I elected to stay off the highway and my hands were alright for the brief 15 minute ride home. Any longer my hands would've started to get uncomfortable.

So for me, on my FJR, these won't work down into the 50's like ventilated gauntlets that were replaced.

So you considered turning on the heated grips at the low sixty degree mark? I guess you FJR riders are daintier than I had considered previously. I just try not to ride much below 50-55 degrees and then I can wear the same gear all the time.

heated grips.....hee hee....60's LOL...

So you considered turning on the heated grips at the low sixty degree mark? I guess you FJR riders are daintier than I had considered previously. I just try not to ride much below 50-55 degrees and then I can wear the same gear all the time.

heated grips.....hee hee....60's LOL...
Over the years I've become less tolerant of the cold. Dropping a bunch of weight, mostly fat also affected my natural warmth!

I just got a set of the Baja S4 gloves. LOVE. THEM. No break-in, touch screen digits work great.

Compared to other gloves you've purchased, would you say these run small, large or true to the sizing chart?
Pretty true. I have short fingers so there is a little extra material, but there was no break in needed.

Back