• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR650 Thread

Most of the time you can do both days in one depends on how fast the group is I try and stay in little groups usually there only 200-300 mile rides over the two days. Kids keep me from camping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, well even besides that if you guys are around new braunfels and san antonio let me know. Im just getting into the dual sport side of it, i need to find more dirt.

Are any of you guys going to do that breakfast adventure 2 day ride in a couple weeks?

Good chance of it. Depends on how the weather behaves. Last time we had perfect days but it can get plenty cold up in them hills after the sun drops down. It was just dark when we made it to camp so everyone pretty much scarfed supper and snuggled into their sleeping bags. Great trip with some friends. Highly recommend being part of it.

Good chance of it. Depends on how the weather behaves. Last time we had perfect days but it can get plenty cold up in them hills after the sun drops down. It was just dark when we made it to camp so everyone pretty much scarfed supper and snuggled into their sleeping bags. Great trip with some friends. Highly recommend being part of it.

I might have a buddy doing it, not sure on his situation yet. I'm planning on doing it either way for sure, should be a good time.

I just picked up my first klr, an 07. I live in the San Antonio area, I ride mostly in the hill country or Medina County. If anyone around wants to ride or knows of any maps of the county roads that are dirt I would appreciate the help.
Also if anyone has any bags for sale or knows of any i need some, thanks.

If your looking at hard bags, the Tusk ones from RMATVMC are a great bargain and pretty good quality at that price point. Boxes and racks for under $400

[ame="https://youtu.be/rmaUFqvHYzQ"]Brutally Honest Tusk Rack & Panniers Review & TORTURE TEST #everide - YouTube[/ame]

I think I might stick with soft, I like to do some technical stuff and the last thing i want to do is end up breaking bags I spend $400 on, but I appreciate the input.

I went with soft bec someone told me hard cases don’t give if you haft to bale or hit something like a tree. Idk I’d like a pair for everyday riding from work. Was thinking of the 50 cal cans I have the quick connects that came with my dirt racks

I went with soft bec someone told me hard cases don’t give if you haft to bale or hit something like a tree. Idk I’d like a pair for everyday riding from work. Was thinking of the 50 cal cans I have the quick connects that came with my dirt racks

Yea I get that I still have a cruiser for the daily riding for the most part so I’m setting my klr up more for actual fun rides haha

:tab I have a front wheel rim from my 02 KLR 650 sitting in my garage. It has bearings and brake rotor. The bearings have maybe 5000-6000 miles on them because I replaced them. There is a very minor ding in the rim on one side from where I got hit head on by an ATV. IF you look closely, you can see it. It is easier to feel for it. I do not think it will interfere with the tire bead setting correctly. As far as I can tell, the spokes are fine. The only reason I did not reuse this rim is because the guy I got the new forks from included a new rim with the package deal. This thing has been taking up space in my garage for far too long...

:tab If you want it, you can have it for free, but you have to come get it as I am not going to mess with shipping something so large/heavy. I am in Huntsville, Tx. If you are interested, I will post a pic here and we can work out a time for you to come by and get it. I might even throw in a moderately used front tire with it (Pirelli MT 21).

:tab I have a front wheel rim from my 02 KLR 650 sitting in my garage. It has bearings and brake rotor. The bearings have maybe 5000-6000 miles on them because I replaced them. There is a very minor ding in the rim on one side from where I got hit head on by an ATV. IF you look closely, you can see it. It is easier to feel for it. I do not think it will interfere with the tire bead setting correctly. As far as I can tell, the spokes are fine. The only reason I did not reuse this rim is because the guy I got the new forks from included a new rim with the package deal. This thing has been taking up space in my garage for far too long...

:tab If you want it, you can have it for free, but you have to come get it as I am not going to mess with shipping something so large/heavy. I am in Huntsville, Tx. If you are interested, I will post a pic here and we can work out a time for you to come by and get it. I might even throw in a moderately used front tire with it (Pirelli MT 21).

That’s a long ride from Sa to pick it up dang I need to move up that way always deals around there east Texas folks.

Yea I get that I still have a cruiser for the daily riding for the most part so I’m setting my klr up more for actual fun rides haha

Thinking about getting a super tenere for my next bike to handle the long or just 2up riding

I have Wolfman Expedition bags for my KLR and Giant Loop Siskiyou bags for my Africa Twin. The Siskiyou are much bigger, but the Expeditions are half the cost. Like them both. Also, remember the Around the Bend ride is in March.
T
3cf1756cffc8b4cfa9a6050d99243d39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting a super tenere for my next bike to handle the long or just 2up riding

Yea I have an intruder 1400 that’s my 2 up riding or for long highway stretches, I should sell it to pay off my KLR but I don’t want to lose the 2up ability.

Thank you, we r going to head back to the GCDR this July and have some more fun. I enjoy the big open expanses the most, whether in the desert or up high, i enjoy the wide view.

Im on a biz trip ATM, but i was hoping the KLR group would hsve a meet n greet sometime in mid February, id love to see what people have done to their bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If there’s an upcoming KLR meet and greet, I’m in!

Howdy y'all.

I traded in my 2014 Ural Patrol today for a 2018 KLR650. It's still in the box but I should be able to pick it up tomorrow after work or Friday morning.

I'm in New Braunfels and would welcome any information on any upcoming tech days or meet and greets in the San Antonio or Austin area.

Guess I should say howdy. Just picked up a 2018 KLR last week.

41515127_2042866836025308_1017906149640372224_n.jpg

Enjoying it so far. The farkles have begun.

Guess I should say howdy. Just picked up a 2018 KLR last week.

41515127_2042866836025308_1017906149640372224_n.jpg

Enjoying it so far. The farkles have begun.

Nice! I got the same exact looking bike about six weeks ago. My farkles so far consist of a goat skin for the seat and a crack in the radiator. Don’t drop it in the left side unless you want the same. If I can’t get the radiator repaired, I’ll shoehorn in an after market radiator for $75; a new 2018 radiator is $710...... um, no! Then crash bars for me.

Well, my KLR is fugly. Snot green and faded, a 2000 model. All I need, though, and it's paid for. Runs great. I don't put too many miles on it. I have had it 7 years now and put 10K miles in that time. I'm not much of a motorcyclist anymore. There was a time when I'd load up and take off for Utah. Not so much anymore. I'm lucky to ride 50 miles round trip. :mrgreen:

Nice! I got the same exact looking bike about six weeks ago. My farkles so far consist of a goat skin for the seat and a crack in the radiator. Don’t drop it in the left side unless you want the same. If I can’t get the radiator repaired, I’ll shoehorn in an after market radiator for $75; a new 2018 radiator is $710...... um, no! Then crash bars for me.

Dang, sorry to hear that. I'll take it easy until I get the crash bars on. Glad to hear there is a $75 replacement option though.

The radiator went back in the shop this morning and I picked it up this evening. All good to go. The bike's put back together now. I just have to keep it on the road and out of the dirt until I get crash bars. Don't want to do that again.

Those are really nice, mine is pretty ugly also, its a 1999 model, been putting a lot of work into it to make it a solid bike

Back