• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Know this has been beat to death but.... Looking for beginner bike for wife

I totally forgot about the venerable TW200! :doh:

They are a bit of a cult bike. People tend to REALLY love them. My MSF class actually had two of them for students to use. They are not high powered or super fast, but they always get there. Would be good for learning in a pasture/field or tooling down backroads (paved or unpaved).

A BIG factor is that you don't want a new rider intimidated by the bike. The TW is not intimidating.

Yep, just like that except in light blue, same windshield too w/o the tint. Send me an email and Ill send you a pic to post.

At her small size, is she strong enough or physically capable of handling a bike? IMO, some small women are not. Nothing to do with gender, just physical capabilities.

Google some Ride Like a Pro videos where they teach small women how to ride fully dressed Harleys. Strength helps but it's all about technique.

Hey... it's not about being short. If you want to ride... ride. :)

Reactions: Dao
Back