• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KP & Rhodynes Colorado and New Mexico adventure 2016

Folks no internet at the house. At work hobbling around. Construction work on lines and such. Foot is broken. Was hoping it was just a sprain. Can't believe I rode over 600 miles like that. Took two days off from work. Doctor suggested staying off the foot for a few days. Was in a makeshift splint till I was lucky enough to borrow a foot boot. On crutches and have reinjured my left shoulder that took four months to heal by using the crutches. As soon as the web is up and running I will post the rest of the pictures from the house of the Colorado trip.

Last edited:
Is this from another tip over...? :ponder:

Glad you liked the BBQ place in Durango. We all enjoyed it on our trip.

If you have not had the ankle X-rayed, you probably should, just to be safe. Mine did not hurt too bad and wasn't too swollen, but it turned out to be a pretty bad break requiring surgery and 10 weeks in a cast. Snoopster's ankle didn't swell too bad when she broke hers after a mild drop in some sand. Her's did not require surgery, just a cast for a 4-5 weeks if I remember right. As my ortho doc told me, "You don't really HAVE to have surgery, but at your age, there is a real risk of arthritis getting in there and causing trouble if you don't..." My age!? I was only 42 at the time!! :twitch:

There was a tiny bit of gravel on the road mainly directly in the center of the road surface. Not sure if anyone went down. Did not seem to effect our riding any. The snow near the end on the return trip was a shocker. Wish now we would have stopped to take a picture but there was two reasons we kept going.

More Durango food pics coming. Saw this place last year and knew I wanted to try it. Was the only spot in Colorado that knows how to make sweet tea.:clap:

Drew and Carl, very much enjoying the trip report. Drew, heal up quickly - first the shoulder/arm and now the foot/leg.... they put down horses for less you know. :eek2:

Have tried to avoid the Colorado trip reports this summer as they are just so tempting to try to make a quick getaway as the heat climbs this time of year. Think this one will set me over the edge. Just need to find (make) the time to do it. Or say the heck with it and just head up hill until the itch has been scratched sufficiently. :giveup:

Drew and Carl, very much enjoying the trip report. Drew, heal up quickly - first the shoulder/arm and now the foot/leg.... they put down horses for less you know. :eek2:

Have tried to avoid the Colorado trip reports this summer as they are just so tempting to try to make a quick getaway as the heat climbs this time of year. Think this one will set me over the edge. Just need to find (make) the time to do it. Or say the heck with it and just head up hill until the itch has been scratched sufficiently. :giveup:

Yea it never ends.:giveup: The crutches have reinjured the arm so it never ends. Kinda makes me nutty.

Do go to Colorado it was nice and cool. Even better was the scenery. You could spend more time taking pictures than riding if your not careful.:photo:

If they ever fix the internet I can post the other half of my ride report.:pound:

Excellent trip report, and over my birthday. I will have to look that way for next summer. AND, sorry to hear of the ankle & chain reaction shoulder! I hope you heal up soon!

Excellent trip report, and over my birthday. I will have to look that way for next summer. AND, sorry to hear of the ankle & chain reaction shoulder! I hope you heal up soon!

Thank you glad you enjoyed it so far. Not done yet with the report,need to post the rest of the pictures and text. I think they said the internet at the house is back up and running.

Have a appointment with the ortho doctor Monday evening. Should know more then. Limping around on crutches stinks. :giveup:

Ol Goldie served me well.... & Carl seems ta b havin some adventurous rides on it too.
Im glad

But not so about Drews creeking crunch.... which has subsequently resulted in his creaking on crutches
Heal up soon

Back