• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

***SOLD*** KTM 450EXC for parts or project bike - engine locked up but may be able to fix easily - $550

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Zmarzly
Cleaning out my garage while I have the time. Have a 2005 KTM 450 EXC for sale as parts or project bike for $550. A few years ago I had started it in the garage just to keep everything working and the bike locked up after it had been running a while. I think it might just be the Rekulse clutch, but I'm never going to get around to fixing it. I have 2 other KTMs, don't really need this one.
It has a lot of extras. I have the title. Please see the pictures.
Located in Friendswood, TX.
281-816-6925

Last edited:
PM coming to you.

If you were in the DFW area....I'd probably be heading your way tonight. Wish you had posted this Saturday. I was in Huntsville on Sunday.

Regardless, good luck with the sale. Should be a nice deal / project for someone.

Unrelated to the sale...Is that a heat sync / heat dissipation device on the rear caliper? Interesting idea if it is. Not sure I have ever seen one before.

Y'all might as well not hold your breath. Gary WILL buy it.
4be40cfae569e8016edb639f6ce997fd4932c13d&rid=giphy.gif

Had the exact bike for a few years. They are fantastic.

I've already talked to Gary. I forgive him. We'll leave it at that.

Seriously, if another deal like this comes along please go ahead and just pm Gary so I don't have to hear about it.

I've already talked to Gary. I forgive him. We'll leave it at that.

Seriously, if another deal like this comes along please go ahead and just pm Gary so I don't have to hear about it.

LOL
I won't promise not to buy anymore RFS bikes, but I think I will be good after this one, unless...

Yes real or perceived not sure about real results.
Big A had mounted one of those caliper coolers on his 300xcw before I bought it. I still had issues with the rear overheating until I flushed the fluid and filled with Motorex 5.1, problem solved. I was told the 5.1 has a higher boiling point. :shrug: Does the cooler help, I can't say for sure, have not ridden the bike with out it.

Somebody was having trouble with that rear brake overheating, it has the finned over-sized fluid reservoir on the master cylinder, too. My 300 has one of those also. I guess Big A wasn't the only guy to warmup a rear brake.

Thanks Doctor Z for a smooth easy transaction. Bike is at it’s new home. I haven’t checked into it yet. This is like a lottery ticket I haven’t scratched. I might loose, win or hit a jackpot time will tell. I feel like a winner no matter what with 2 other RFS series bikes to support I have a rolling parts store with same day delivery on parts.
7E9B3B99-E757-47CA-B5C2-80E194DB5274.jpeg

@JT thanks for the tip on motrex 5.1 brake fluid.

Reactions: jmn
Cleaning out my garage while I have the time. Have a 2005 KTM 450 EXC for sale as parts or project bike for $550. A few years ago I had started it in the garage just to keep everything working and the bike locked up after it had been running a while. I think it might just be the Rekulse clutch, but I'm never going to get around to fixing it. I have 2 other KTMs, don't really need this one.
It has a lot of extras. I have the title. Please see the pictures.
Located in Friendswood, TX.
281-816-6925
What pics, where?

Thanks Doctor Z for a smooth easy transaction. Bike is at it’s new home. I haven’t checked into it yet. This is like a lottery ticket I haven’t scratched. I might loose, win or hit a jackpot time will tell. I feel like a winner no matter what with 2 other RFS series bikes to support I have a rolling parts store with same day delivery on parts.
View attachment 258879
Did you get this bike running?

I know but listening, should be a good one.

Back