• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 690 Enduro R

Oh and another gripe about this bike. TIRE LIFE! This one has 1K miles on it. At least I wore the whole thing out. :lol2:

690tire.jpg

Anyone who has put another slip on silencer, which one did you use? is it quiet? does it have a spark arrestor?
And did you have to have it remaped? Whay about your adjustable power settings?

Anyone who has put another slip on silencer, which one did you use? is it quiet? does it have a spark arrestor?
And did you have to have it remaped? Whay about your adjustable power settings?

I'm running the FMF Q4 Ti. It's rated for like 96db max (legal for AMA dual-sport events) and has the arrestor (don't want to burn down the forests!). Rick said he likes the way it sounds at full honk...:trust:

RPM Cycles in Carrollton remapped the bike and yanked the evap canister at the same time for me. Don't know what "tune" they used, but she runs great!:rider:

I've got the LV slip-on. Even with the db reducer it's still loud. I wish FMF had the Q4 out at the time, I would have got that instead.

The only map the dealers have besides stock is the Akro one which pretty much everyone uses, even folks with stock cans.

The ignition map switch I leave on 2. Some people prefer 3 because it's a little less abrupt and easier to use off road.

I have had a FMF Q4 on for about 3 months. I have not had the remap. But unlike others I have not removed the canister or put in a aftermarket air filter. I have checked the plug byweekly. Very clean with a nice tan color to the insulator. No sign of lean yet. I love the weight reduction of the FMF. The sound is the about the same at cruise and just a little more bark when the front wheel is airborn. I also have the same problem with knobbies wearing out. I have only had 1 failure on the bike in 8 months, that was a fuel injector o-ring. There are issues with every bike. This one just provides too much :rider: smile time. Sam

While riding home from work tonight, my fuel gage told me I was on reserve at 135. I have so far only gone 20 miles on reserve a few months ago, I will not push it far past that. That day I filled up with 3.2 gals. The manual says it holds 3.4!

It is good to have a friend along with a giant tank and an empty beer can. I ran out completely once in Arkansas at 128 miles. But a lot of that was crawling back and forth across a rocky creek.

Finally got my header back from FMF, they rewelded all the welds. It looks much better with no spooge. Feel a lot more confident that they won't fail anytime soon. Now hopefully nothing else breaks for a while. getting kinda tired of fixing/replacing stuff on this bike.

It is good to have a friend along with a giant tank and an empty beer can. I ran out completely once in Arkansas at 128 miles. But a lot of that was crawling back and forth across a rocky creek.

:rofl:

If your 690 runs out of gas, you can always run on other fluids. That's livin the high life!

100_2673.jpg

Finally got my header back from FMF, they rewelded all the welds. It looks much better with no spooge. Feel a lot more confident that they won't fail anytime soon. Now hopefully nothing else breaks for a while. getting kinda tired of fixing/replacing stuff on this bike.
Tell ya what....I'll come by and take it off your hands and we'll call it even for the scratch on the R1. :rofl:

Envy. ;-)

Any of you guys do anything about the narrow turn radius? Are there steering stops that you can change out somehow or are you screwed?

There is some adjustment, but not much. Have had mine in some pretty tight situations and has not really been a problem, not unless you were on a 1 foot rock ledge and wanted to turn around.:lol2::rofl::doh:

My commute's so short I usually drive my truck, it's not even worth spending the time to gear up to ride a bike. I will say that DS/Motards are one of the best commuter type bikes out there.

Great thread, do you know if the front tank from a standard 690 will fit on an R to create an extended range 690R?

Great thread, do you know if the front tank from a standard 690 will fit on an R to create an extended range 690R?

LTCTodd I didn't know the standard version had a bigger tank? What's the capacity difference?

Welcome to TWT.

Justin

LTCTodd I didn't know the standard version had a bigger tank? What's the capacity difference?

Welcome to TWT.

Justin

The R has the rear tank and the standard has a traditional mounted front tank, correct? Then with a little modification we could mount the standard's front tank to the R.

Back