• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 790 Adventure!

This thread is worthless without pics! :nana:

And now you have to come ride with me so I can drool on it :-P

This thread is worthless without pics! :nana:

And now you have to come ride with me so I can drool on it :-P

Yes and Yes.

Last edited:
Congrats! I’ve been having fun accessorizing mine over the past couple of weeks.

Congrats! I’ve been having fun accessorizing mine over the past couple of weeks.

I hear ya. Allow me to share: So far I've added: Barkbusters (the handguards seemed ok, but not great), Enduro Engineering skid plate, GPS mount, Roxx Risers, Perun rack, and Tusk pannier rack.

I removed the rubber inserts for the pegs; I think the stock pegs are pretty good.

So far I have to say that this is the best out-the-door bike I've ever had. The only thing I would really HAVE to add for a trip would be a pannier rack. Otherwise the OEM setup is pretty **** good.

Your turn.

You have been busy! Ok, let‘s see...

Rear ABS guard
KTM aluminum hand guards
Black Dog skid plate
Black Dog rear rack
Camel ADV 1 finger clutch
Pivot Pegz foot pegs (have put them on all my off road bikes)
GPS mount
KTM heated grips and cruise control (still waiting for them to get delivered to the dealer)

Before I head out to Big Bend next month I’m going to put on some knobbies

Both of you guys say you have added a GPS mount. What type of mount did you add? I am assuming you added it to the spot that says remove for GPS mount? I have a Garmin Zumo in a Touratech mount, that I would like to keep, off of my Tenere but was not exactly sure where to get the adapter to mount it....any help would be good. Thanks.

I looked at this but not sure it is right. Now that link that you posted looks like it is made for the slot.

1578597123529.png

That's interesting
To emphasize its READY TO RACE credentials along with the WP XPLOR PRO suspension, the KTM 790 Adventure R Rally features a weight-saving Akrapovič exhaust, carbon fiber tank protectors and Quickshifter+ as standard. Easily distinguished by its unique color and graphic design with clear screen and winglets, this special edition model comes with narrower rims fitted with tubes for hard offroad conditions, a high, straight racing seat to improve racing ergonomics and Rally footrests for comfort and grip when standing for long days.

If that thing is a good as they advertise, it's a new high water mark for bikes to thrash off road with 100 pounds of camp gear on em! Congrats on the new ride, it's beautiful!

If that thing is a good as they advertise, it's a new high water mark for bikes to thrash off road with 100 pounds of camp gear on em! Congrats on the new ride, it's beautiful!

If I learn how to ride at 30% of it's capability, that would be an accomplishment. Right now it's like giving a calculator to a caveman.

Haven't seen any negative press about it's capabilities. I've watched countless videos of folks thrashing the **** out of them. From Singletrack to desert expeditions.

man i'd love to ride one sometime. 74# lighter dry weight than my 2011 GSA. HP to weight ratio is almost identical.

Back