• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM Joy or I Loves Me Some KTM

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Having two KTM's makes life a little more bearable.

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

From a critique perspective, try to post a single image at a time. The process to provide input is a bit easier that way.

As for the pics, they certainly are nice bikes I bet anyone would be proud to have in their driveway. Yet to me, they are just that - driveway shots, ie: way too much distraction in the background to include trucks, garage corners, telephone poles, lines, odd crops and such. I'm no expert and not trying to diss your shots, but maybe next time, concentrate a bit on what's behind the subject and take that into consideration.

I'll be curious to see what you do next.

Perfect segue for me to throw this one in (hopefully Jasen doesn't mind):
281877_2213827395524_1542741274_2398451_3895488_n.jpg

I'm no pro, but I enjoy trying to improve my technique. I don't like the bikes being off-center but this position kept a utility pole out of the shot.

I think that's on the right track - at least for me....

The little guy-wires sort of jump out on the left, but the jist is moving in the right direction. Possibly set it up to be more symmetrical/balanced and have the subject look up just a bit more to take the shadow off the face. And put the photographer on the ground shooting up at them instead of straight on. The exposure is nice short of the face shadows, ie: the bikes, sky all look pretty good. Sun at your back/quartering sure makes a difference.

If that's all I had to work with, that's how I'd approach it.

lol....critiquing these photos. I didn't realize Doug put these up in this area of the forum. For the photo of me, I was really just looking for a snapshot of me with some KTM goodness. I wasn't about to spend a ton of time pushing those bikes around in the 100+ degree heat after a long day of riding in it. I pushed them together and tossed my camera to Chris who'd been slaving in the hot garage with Doug changing tires and we got my shot. I'm quite sure we could have improved it however, the mood of the photographer (and the guy pushing the bikes) comes big time into play when setting up a photograph, and neither of us were into it, though Chris did spend more time than expected on composing the photo with what I'd set up. I think he just liked watching me stand there in the sun and sweat though.

I'm not going to pretend that wasn't a factor. :) If it hadn't been so hot I think we could've also gotten a good shot by pushing the bikes closer to the truck so I could catch a high angle.

I did get as low as I could (hey, that ground was hot!) and shuffle around a bit for the framing -- even though it was supposed to be a quick candid with a wide-angle camera phone I try to make every shot count. If I had done any post-processing on this image I would've 'chopped out the guy wires and cropped to a wide aspect to cut out some excess ground and sky.

One point in critique: work on trying to get the horizon level. Looks a little canted to the right. Nice machines for sure.

You know, I never can figure out where to post stuff on here. I was not at all intending to post up serious photos, however it is interesting to learn. I used to do a lot of Black and white and a little color back in the late 70's. I love digital stuff, but the bulk of my photos are snapshots and how to's.

Chris took this one as well on his camera phone and made me NOT look fat, nice work sir. He is pretty good with the camera phone.

1508575_o.jpg

Back