• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: KTM Street Demo March 3

gymply

Reaction score
FYI---KTM is having a Street demo day this Sunday at Cresson Motorsport Ranch. Not sure what bikes will be available because I can't get the PDF in the link to open. However, the "Category" on the list of events says "Naked" and "Travel" so I assume the Super Duke R and all the Adventure bikes will be available. I'd like to try out the new 790 Adventure if it is there. Oh, and the Super Duke. Oh, and anything else they will let me ride! :lol2: Unfortunately, weather forecast does not look good... 46 degrees and 40% chance of rain. :storm:

I called Straightline and verified the date.

The 790 Adventure is supposed to be there.

Well ... I stand corrected ...

790 will join the tour April/May.

Thanks for the update! Guess I'll have to wait for the next demo days to try the 790. Maybe they will have it at COTA in April. Still looking forward to the 1090 and Super Duke. Would also like to swing a leg over the 1290 SA R and see how it feels compared to my '16 SA-T.

I have a 1290 SA as well.

You should come a bit southwest and go riding.
There's a cat in Glen Rose with a 990 Dakar.

Sounds good! I am down that way frequently. The first time I dropped her was crossing the Paluxy between Glen Rose and FM51! I'm on the south side of Fort Worth so my usual Metroplex escape route is to the south. I've also found a few good dirt roads around the Walnut Springs, Iredell, and Cranfills Gap areas...

I'm on the south side of Fort Worth so my usual Metroplex escape route is to the south. I've also found a few good dirt roads around the Walnut Springs, Iredell, and Cranfills Gap areas...

If you are on FB and interested in group rides, we have a bunch that goes out that way now and then:

We typically start out of Maypearl and go find dirt to the West.

If you are on FB and interested in group rides, we have a bunch that goes out that way now and then:

We typically start out of Maypearl and go find dirt to the West.

Thanks! Just requested to join.

I don't know how this affects the KTM demo but I know that RideSmart was doing a track day there on that day and has now cancelled. Weather certainly doesn't look ideal.

And the link to the event page on the KTM site is no longer active.

The track is only 15 minutes away. I'll swing by and see.

Back