• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LA trail riding, Camp Claiborne

Going to meet a fellow there tomorrow. 10:30--11 am. Casual trail ride from the Loran camp/trailhead. This is the main public trailhead, not the one used for enduros.
This is amazing news.

I'm planning on riding from the Loran Trailhead on Saturday Jan. 14. I might or might not camp Friday night, it depends on interest.

I'd like to ride a good distance, but I'm not going to be pushing the pace at all. Casual trail pace sounds about right.

Last edited:
Put me down as high probability. That is if temps are 40° or higher as I would definitely be camping both Fri and Sat nights and riding Sunday also. Possibly even Monday.

We had a huge rain event last night. The forest is closed again.

It really is day to day sometimes. I'm guessing it will reopen next Friday, but that is a just a wild guess.

There is no way they are going to open the forest. Nothing is drying out around here.

I'm going to ride the Setx200 route out of Koontz instead.

My next potential ride is April 15.

It feels like a long way away.

Back