• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LA trail riding, Camp Claiborne

I would imagine that is pretty low in the priority list, but I'm interested for sure. Website still lists them as closed![emoji3525]
Sorry for the stale post, just realized this is from July. Seems like they're closed about as much as open.
Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah NF finally re-opens. Now to schedule a ride.

@RollingJ if you edit and remove the date from thread title this could be a running ride thread. Typo on Claiborne also

d5d7e42edf6fd49c45bd736dd8ccf213.jpg

And just like that trails are temporarily closed again. But from that mud in photo, looks deservedly so.
a0b8731c0fa309d9f45369f972016f5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'll try to get up there for a day, depending on the dates.

Well Claiborne is now closed again due to last weekend rains. I might change this to Lotus Camp "Kisatchie National Forest - Lotus Camp" https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/kisatchie/recarea/?recid=34805
as Sandstone trails are still open. But with the rains today and tomorrow expected also, they might close as well. Visit will probably push out to November.

Well Claiborne is now closed again due to last weekend rains. I might change this to Lotus Camp "Kisatchie National Forest - Lotus Camp" https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/kisatchie/recarea/?recid=34805
as Sandstone trails are still open. But with the rains today and tomorrow expected also, they might close as well. Visit will probably push out to November.
Fun trail. Not tech at all, just fun and flowy for the most part. Don't forget anything you need because Lotus is a long way from nowhere!

I'm taking a couple new KLX300 riders out to Claiborne this Saturday, Sept 10. KSU at 9am.

Reactions: my6
I'll be at the Loran Trailhead/Campground.

I need to get back into riding shape, so I'll be posting at least one ride a month.

Fitness got to one of the guys. They cut out to ride dirt roads after 7 miles.

Reactions: my6
I need to get over to LA this fall and ride some of these trails. Sad to see the OP is down and out and likely never to return.

Back