• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Land of Enchantment-Sipapu Rally

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
Folks, I'm not an organized event guy, but this is one of the funnest, low keyed gatherings you will ever attend. Killer NM roads in the area too. If you are a BMW fan/gear head, both Parkhurst and Glaves (speakers) are world class mechanical encyclopedias, and great folks. I'm really tempted to ride up but it would require some serious negotiation due to another upcoming trip.

https://loebmwr.org/TheRally/RallyAgenda.aspx

Here's your negotiation: You can go.

It's a mainly camping rally, but here's the old timers hint. Book a room in Taos (26 miles away) but plan to camp.
At the last minute, if it looks like rain/storms, use the room. If the weather is beautiful, go ahead and camp and cancel the room.

Or keep the room and everyone in your group can use the shower!

And the best part of the rally (for me anyway) is the social gathering around the 6:00 pm Friday
-Green Chili Stew Snack located at the back of Sipapu main lodge.

I love their recipe for Green Chili Stew!

and the cold beer and visiting around the patio and ...

Last edited:
I just pinged my friend in British Columbia to see if he wanted to tie this event into our Sept UT meet up. Your pics bring it all back to me. The hotel idea is a good one too.

Ha! you can tell how old those pictures are. That outside bar burned down a couple of year ago. I don't have a photo of the new setup.

Ha! you can tell how old those pictures are. That outside bar burned down a couple of year ago. I don't have a photo of the new setup.

Oops... I did find one. Went up there on a non-rally week to ride the mtn roads inside the triangle from Sipapu to Taos to Angle Fire and stayed in one of the Sipapu Ski Lodge rooms.

Attachments

• 20160827_082502 (1280x720).jpg
    20160827_082502 (1280x720).jpg
    831.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0495 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0495 (1280x960).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Oops wife said I had to delete any reference to the recipe :-)

Last edited:
Was just right there passing by in July. Beautiful area and nice roads all up that direction.

Back