• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chihuahuan Desert Dual Sport Ride

There were two exit options, for someone WAY above my skill level, even walking. One exit was before the trail sign. I walked up that one and I couldn't believe a vehicle could climb it, but there were rubber marks and gouges in some rocks. Could have been going down...I would have gone down, attempting either direction. Brian would have attempted it, and probably made it.

We did see what looked like electric bike tire tracks that squeezed between the rocks where I stopped in the wash.

Green is where I started, red is where I stopped.
1583794524139.png

This video started about a 1/4 mile upstream of the red X.

I felt like my first time riding in Colorado, I can't believe it's legal to ride here. It is. Except for the freshly paved street in Las Cruces...

Last edited:
I joined Sander on this adventure. The area around Las Cruces is beautiful, especially if you prefer rock gardens. I plan to return next March. Kudos to Sander for planning and sharing.

Will try and join you in March, most weekends we're off riding in and around some similar places...thanks for sharing.

Back