• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last Diamond Dons. (:

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
If this race is on your bucket list, start planning now as this will be the LAST Diamond Don AHRMA extravaganza! Francene and Diamond Don Rainey will be retiring in 2024. Track is open year round, so come early/stay late. There is a lot to do in Jefferson. We are so excited to have Gerrit Wolsink as our legend this year! You won't want to miss all the bench racing.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678232641737.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678232641737.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 114
There is a class for sure. This is FAR more than a race,,,this is a motorcycle HAPPENING of the highest order!!! Finest motorcycle event I have ever attended of any kind. In some ways the different races are almost secondary. I recommend two/three days for sure. You will be amazed at what you see and disgusted that you haven't been before. Just do it!

I attended the first two of Don's gatherings when he had a sweet place down in Lake Jackson. Great memories. We've tried to go for the last three years and every time life has thrown us curves. Gonna try again for sure.

Same here lately, do my best to get up for a day this time. Wish I had a vintage for the CC race for grins.

A friend here at the local Honda shop has a cherry vintage CR he is considering selling. Very nice bike, 99% sure it is a 250. Zero worries with this one.

Last edited:
Try to make it folks, the location is amazing in all respects. Wives will also be happy, Jefferson revolves around women stuff. Beautiful E TX Piney Woods setting. Trials, cross country, mx, is an awesome package. If racing, the mx track may be the finest natural terrain track you have ever ridden. Then add in great attendees from across the nation/world and it gets even better. From amateurs to world champion Pros it just can't be beat. Brad Lackey and his awesome T-shirts plus the world's fastest Dentist Gerrit Wolsink, Trampas Parker and more. If you're staying in a motel you better make a res early, Marshall is close by and a nice place to stay.

It's also dualsport territory. I've wanted to go reconnoiter the area for more dirt but getting out of Houston for 2 or more days always seems to wake up the "life" gremlins for me.

It's also dualsport territory. I've wanted to go reconnoiter the area for more dirt but getting out of Houston for 2 or more days always seems to wake up the "life" gremlins for me.
An organized D/S ride is scheduled. Friend did it last year and said it was excellent.

Last edited:
Once AGAIN, we have booked FOUR days at White Oak Manor BNB. Lord, we'd really like to get to show up this time and get to explore this beautiful part of East Texas...

Doing it right this time. Four nights booked at the White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast.

Back