• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last minute ride today

Reaction score
Headed to XTreme Off Road Park in Crosby for a slow pace ride. Some company would be great if anyone in the area is able to meet up. I will be there around 11 & ride till 3 or so. Red Nissan SUV / pulling utility trailer. 2016 CRF250L. Bryan,281sixtwo09175

Pretty much had the entire place to myself. Which can be good & bad. Tuned out great, so much fun. The dirt was about as good as it gets out there. Nice mix.
There is also a dual sport route I'm looking at from there.
Start @ XTREME - Ride a a few miles west & north (Hwy 90 bus., Sheldon, Garrett) towards Goodtimes Marina area, along the San Jacinto river. From there to Deussen & Eisenhower parks. And if it is on a Tuesday make a short ride west to Rio Bravo for a couple of MX laps & trails. Back to XTREME to finish out the day.
FYI, EXTREME allows bikes, Monday - Thursday only.

I would like to try that Extreme stuff. How do you know if it is dry enough for a bike? The weekdays are great for me.

The terrain varies so much & there is so much sand it takes rain pretty good. But plenty of good clay sand mix, some nasty clay, bottomless pits to avoid, and DEEP sand. But where the water meets in the sand in some areas, it just begs you to make figure 8's. It is affected by San Jacinto levels. The lower levels & less rain the more places you can go. It's so wide open with some great sandy berm everywhere. I'm in Dayton about 20 miles east.
Have relocated since the last time we rode together (1993ish). Back yard track in Toomey & a water pump gasket??

The terrain varies so much & there is so much sand it takes rain pretty good. But plenty of good clay sand mix, some nasty clay, bottomless pits to avoid, and DEEP sand. But where the water meets in the sand in some areas, it just begs you to make figure 8's. It is affected by San Jacinto levels. The lower levels & less rain the more places you can go. It's so wide open with some great sandy berm everywhere. I'm in Dayton about 20 miles east.
Have relocated since the last time we rode together (1993ish). Back yard track in Toomey & a water pump gasket??
WOW What a memory!!! How you/y'all doing young man? Still go by there on my way to the LA trails up north. I'm in for some sand, need the seat time bad! Hwy 90 the quickest way from Beaumont?

Doing great. Yes would probably be best to take 90 through Liberty / Dayton. It is just west of FM2100 in Crosby on the south side of old (Bus.) 90. The mud bog videos do not do the place justice. Shoot me a text & I'll be sure to give you a heads up for a ride out there soon & we'll do some catching up,

Bryan - I look forward to riding out there with you soon. When that place is not crowed it is awesome…. I Have not been there in years. Once I have new sand tires on the CRf150f it will be ready for a SandWich ride.

Bryan - I look forward to riding out there with you soon. When that place is not crowed it is awesome…. I Have not been there in years. Once I have new sand tires on the CRf150f it will be ready for a SandWich ride.
Same here, let's do it. I'll be posting up a ride soon. I wanting to get out to the forest soon too. I have only been a few times & it was over 10 years ago.

Back