• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Late notice Whitney slacker Friday 7/9

I'll set my alarm to meet you at the Texas.

It's a trek for sure.
But the Starvin' Marvin is worth it.
I don't know. I just looked at the menu and "The BIG Tex" meal seems like it might be a better choice. I've never been, but I'm interested.

Seeing as Glen Rose is about an hour and a half from my house, I'd be tempted to just try and meet everyone at the restaurant.

Here's the link to the menu if anyone hasn't been before and is curious as to what they serve.

The parkin lot at the Cafe is consistently covered in cars.....why.....cuz the place has good eatin.
We jus got finished changin the brake fluid on Phils 650 & my 3 bikes...(over 3 mornins)..... Im ready ta go now...well...a couple more rides on the 1000 will take care of the last bit of front tire....& a new one is waitin.
86° for the high tomorro!

It's a trek for sure.
But the Starvin' Marvin is worth it.
Did you say Starvin’ Marvin?

896DAFE1-E187-4E90-90CA-E2025EB442DB.jpeg

Definitely my favorite there.

Whoever wants ta meet at the Stripes on Hwy6 & FM185 at 8:30-8:45. Then ride up 2490 to Laguna Park & over ta Whitney

Of course....we may not ride straight up 2490

Last edited:
I have plans for Friday so I'll have to miss yet another slacker ride. One of these days I'm going to make it to one.

Ducati debut on the slacker ride unless I break it on the way to the square. I got some parts in, but that is another thread. See y'all in the morning. I thought it was KSU at 0900 but there you go.

VEOD7220.JPG

Last edited:
Hate to miss this starting in my g
neighborhood, but we are off on another misdion tomorrow. Going thru Woodbury on 309 us a fun loop

U got that rite....309 is fuuuuun

I guess Im keepin an eye on the weather in the mornin

UPDATE: & that weather...is gettn pretty thick around here. Gonna be a wet one for the Waco area. See yall on the next one....

Last edited:
Late notice that I'll miss this one as my bike is in the shop getting some new tires.

So Mitch walks up and says, "Which one of you jackwagons stole my jacket?"

I said, "Why would we steal your jacket?"

Mitch, "To mess with me."

I said, "We wouldn't do that, but Robert's jacket looks awful big to me."

IMG_6392.JPG

Robert says, "What are you talking about Mitch?"

Mitch looks at Robert who is wearing two jackets.............

IMG_6393.JPG

So, Mitch us jackwagons didn't do it, so it seems.

And, isn't it nice how well the jackets match. To be fair, Robert had already had a pretty long and wet ride, so it is understandable that he grabbed a second jacket, Mitch did leave it back there. It was funny, it was even better when the jacket was zipped but I was slow with the camera. These are the bike ride moments we all live for. Thanks Robert and Mitch for making it worth the soaking we took.

I enjoyed the ride, the Duc was a great ride, I guess I will pull it apart one more time to fix the rest of the stuff, check the valves and install the new seat. Should be fun. Loving some riding.

Last edited:
I was really soaked by the time I got home but it was a warm day. I hit the center of a little storm and wished I had used my new bottle of RainX Plastic on my visor. Almost wore my rain jacket but decided it would only sprinkle. My boots were waterproof, so my feet were dry. My day started off bad...entered 'the square Granbury' into my GPS instead of 'the square Glenn Rose, so I missed the group ride down. Arrived late as everyone was finishing their last cup of coffee. Ordered and ate quickly. There were puddles of water around our table and where we stored the jackets. A wonderful, uncomplaining waitress brought out a mop and bucket to clean up.
Mitch's jacket fit well over mine. Very comfortable and in much better condition. If I had left before him...I so glad I didn't. I'm blaming this "mistake" on my age, 74. My theory is that, as I age, my brain doesn't handles multiple task well.

Ah, the best kind of practical joke - when you can never be sure if you are being "messed with" or not.

I was really soaked by the time I got home but it was a warm day. I hit the center of a little storm and wished I had used my new bottle of RainX Plastic on my visor. Almost wore my rain jacket but decided it would only sprinkle. My boots were waterproof, so my feet were dry. My day started off bad...entered 'the square Granbury' into my GPS instead of 'the square Glenn Rose, so I missed the group ride down. Arrived late as everyone was finishing their last cup of coffee. Ordered and ate quickly. There were puddles of water around our table and where we stored the jackets. A wonderful, uncomplaining waitress brought out a mop and bucket to clean up.
Mitch's jacket fit well over mine. Very comfortable and in much better condition. If I had left before him...I so glad I didn't. I'm blaming this "mistake" on my age, 74. My theory is that, as I age, my brain doesn't handles multiple task well.
Did you at least get to sit at the cool kids table?

Back