• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Latest Kendo Photo

Reaction score
Latest photo of my long suffering lil' buddy

966762521_8owpL-M.jpg

1/13sec @ f1.8
-1/3 EV
ISO 1600
Lense: Canon 50mm 1.8
Camera: Canon 50D

Edited in LR2, NIK Silver Efex Pro (a BW processing program), and NIK Dfine Pro 3.0 (a post processing sharpening program)

I like the angle, yet I can't figure out where I want to focus to really look at the picture. It floats between his mouth and his eye, neither of which is the focal point. I do find I keep coming back to the mouth as the majority of the contrast is there, but I'm not sure that's what you want us to focus on?

Maybe I'd like to have seen one with his eye crystal clear/in focus and DOF fading down his snout.

Still a nice shot with the PP effect.

Honestly, I am glad it turned out as good as it did. I was sitting at my desk and he was laying on the floor with the ball in his mouth. I grabbed my camera which had the 50 1.8 mounted on it, dialed the ISO to 1600, stuck the camera down and took the shot without moving from my chair...so no real thought went into it, I just enjoyed the result.

yep...the 1.8 gave you a pretty shallow DOF which threw it out of focus. Seems like the focal point is to the right of the nose.

Back