• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

LDDave's annual RTE ride report

...............and buy a map. They are cheap. :roll:

You are not an adventure rider, are you? :rofl: I have a brand new Roads of Texas but I left it at home because I was afraid it would be ruined in the rain. It was drizzling when I first set out.

On the way home I figured out the turn I missed was the intersection where the store was where I asked directions. :shrug:

Had a great time, riding to, eating, hanging out and riding back - all in all a great day.

On the ride home, the Strom had a little cuddle with a tire snapper that will now think twice about chasing motorcycles.

DO NOT WORRY

The storm is doing fine, but is now sporting a little doggy fur.

and for the mutt lovers, Squeaker told me that the dog got up and ran away after its fur donation.

You guys got all worked up over my chain being rusty - when in reality NONE of you can tell the difference between dirt and rust. :yawn:

Apologies will be accepted at the next RTE.

I don't know why I didn't just wipe a finger across it in front of everyone...

230413358-M.jpg

After a cleaning:

230412632-M.jpg

:lol2:

But this way the chain actually got cleaned!! :-P

Sad that I missed a great day to ride. :tears:
Cooked breakfast for my Wife and then set out on the "Marathon Shopping Day".
Bought 23 of 26 gifts in 14.5 hours with a break for lunch and then supper after the stores closed. :giveup:

Now I just have to shop for Hers! :mrgreen:

Enjoyed all the ride reports so far............

It wasn't until 4:30 that my Wife realized I had been checking the time all day calculating where the riders might be. :lol2:

Still had a great time spending the day with Her, spending..............

It wasn't until 4:30 that my Wife realized I had been checking the time all day calculating where the riders might be. :lol2:

:rofl:

Brad would have liked to have your FJR accompany his - I think that his was unique this time. I don't remember any KLRs either - I guess that they are not considered a "touring" motorcycle (nobody has told Dail, though! :rider: )

:mrgreen:

A fine day - I enjoyed the round trip from Houston with Mick leading the way. I think we hit every small road worth hitting with bonus points for the "slow and scenic" Bastrop - Buescher park road thrown in. Highlight was Aggie Road though, earlier the roads had too many deceptive little slippery spots that kept me from getting too lit up, but we hit 166 when it had dried out and it was great.

One of the things I think I need to start doing is wearing some kind of nametag with my TWT handle as well as my real name. When I would introduce myself I had difficulty deciding how people would more easily remember me!

Ana - hope you're feeling better soon. We spoke briefly in the BBQ line.

Russ ( nogutsnoglory) nice GoldWing, but I could tell you really wished that you still had an RS for those shorter trips... Gitcha one!

Uhhh... gee I'm just terrible with names so you other guys I said hello to, well it was a pleasure. And to those who I just stood around listening to without introducing myself it was nothing personal - I just didn't want to interrupt the data flow that I was digesting. Lots of great ideas out there for sure.

Dave.

Last edited:
The KLR was Preston Beebee's brothers.
Lone Star bmw in Austin had their open house Saturday and that is where most of them were.
Ed Grant rode his FJ down from Abilene.
Great mix of bikes , I always like walking around and looking at how they have been farkled.

:rofl:

Brad would have liked to have your FJR accompany his - I think that his was unique this time. I don't remember any KLRs either - I guess that they are not considered a "touring" motorcycle (nobody has told Dail, though! :rider: )

:mrgreen:

There was another FJR there, a blue 2005. But yes the Stroms outnumbered the FJR's. But now with Ed's new purchase we have a chance to outnumber the Stroms and KLR's every once in a while.:trust:

Back