• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Leaving for Cuatrocienegas Sunday 10/26

M

Mike in Clear Lake

I'll be leaving Houston on Sunday 10/26 at daybreak. This time I will be crossing at Del Rio. I expect I will be lodging at the Ramada Inn in Del Rio and then crossing over the next morning.

1. I haven't purchased insurance yet, but will probably do so online with either Sanborn's or Adventure Mexican. I have already permitted the vehicle with Banjercito via the internet and the permit is in my possession. Tourist card will be done at the boder.

2. From Cd. Acuna will ride down MEX29 to MEX57 to Monclova. At MEX57 I will pick up MEX 30 to Cuatrocienegas.

3. I had intended to go to Saltillo but some plans fell through, so I will head to Cuatrocienegas. As of this writing I may spend two nights there so that I can see the sites as per the link http://www.tourbymexico.com/coahuila/cienegas/cienegas.htm

4. I will depart Cuatrocienegas early on the morning of the 22nd and head back for the border. I am not sure where I will stop for the overnight. Maybe Cd. Acuna, or Uvalde, or San Antonio. Depends how long I want to ride that day. Then after that it's back to Houston.

Suggestions?

Looks like I will be able to squeeze in Saltillo after all. I went ahead and bought the 1-year insurance policy from Adventure Mexican Insurance after reading about some good reviews it got here from AUSFletch.

Trip report should follow some time next week. I'll post a link to SPOT before I leave.

Cheers,

Mike

Back