• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let’s do a scenic SS1000

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
I’m thinking of doing a scenic IBA saddlesore on November 23, 2020. It’s what I call the Terlingua 1000(unofficiall). It will very definitely be weather dependent. My thought is spending The night, Sunday, the 22nd In Kerrville. Kansas State University up @ 06:00 Monday, out through the trans pecos area to Terlingua, then to Lajitas, continuing out 170 to Presidio. North to McDonald Observatory, to Kent, to Balmorhea. Heading south to Alpine then back to I10 at Fort Stockton as darkness sets in. Then slabbing back to Kerrville. Google shows it to be 1010 miles. I checked fuel ranges, if you can do 175 per tank you’ll save at least 2 stops. I’m not planning on running at a BBG pace, but I do plan on being off secondary roads during dark hours, meaning on the slab.

If anybody is interested in riding along, be it your first attempt or your 20th try, come on. Keep in mind, I’m not your daddy, so you alone are responsible for satisfying ALL of the IBA rules for a Saddlesore 1000, if you want to certify your ride.

Let be one of the first to say, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y’ALL !
D8E0ED06-ED1A-417C-826B-B689E6ACE7E9.jpeg

Move it up two days and come join us at Pink's out in Hollywood. I just posted the info in the LD Riding forum.

Back