• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let’s have a little photo fun while we’re locked down

I tried my hand at a little astro photography a couple weeks ago. No moon, no clouds, and a few good stars :)

This stuff is really hard for me. I stayed up into the wee hours on several nights, took gigs and gigs of photos - aligning, stacking, tone mapping, yadda, yadda, yadda. After all of that, I got one shot that wasn't garbage:

7198134,medium_large.1595267412.jpg

Tried some time-lapse of the Milky Way rising. Those kinda worked, but even shooting RAW on manual WB, I still got really annoying color shifts thru the set. Here's the best I could come up with:

Other than this, I got several bad photos of the NEOWISE comet, and tried a time lapse and a 'stack' of the Perseid meteor shower. I might try re-processing the meteor shower photos and see if I can coax out at least one keeper frame from that...

This stuff is both really fun and really annoying :)

Back