• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let’s ride to Florida for the Iron Butt Association Daytona Bike Week Party

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
Hopefully tomorrow morning about 09:00 CDT, I’ll be heading to Jacksonville, FL. for the IBA Spring certified Rides. Below is the link for my spotwalla tracking. I’ll start the trip by during what I hope is a sub 16 hour Saddle Sore 1000. Y’all come ride along with me.

Headed to Jacksonville later this year to catch the auto train. Safe travels.

Hmm. His Spot link shows him heading west. Is he going to Florida by way of Asia??

Hmm. His Spot link shows him heading west. Is he going to Florida by way of Asia??

1614972738883.png

Well, the Spotwalla title does say Long Way.

Westbound from Las Cruces NM at 8 pm.

He's planning to do the IBA rides in JAX which don't start for another 7 days, so perhaps he's on his way to San Diego now in order to do a 50 CC back to JAX?

He said the first attempt is a sub-16 hour SS1K. Wimberley TX to Dateland AZ is 1050 miles so perhaps that's his goal for tonight.

Last edited:
... He said the first attempt is a sub-16 hour SS1K. Wimberley TX to Dateland AZ is 1050 miles so perhaps that's his goal for tonight.

Well, 14hrs into it @11:08P and he was just west of Johnson AZ, ~814mi from Wimberley (roughly, from Google maps) so a sub-16hr SS1K doesn't look likely to me . . . but my butt's tired just sitting here in the recliner so whadda I know!

Go, @Splash!
:rider:

Well that’s the slowest 1000 miles I’ve done in awhile. Then wind was brutal and beat me like a rented mule.

As we like to remind the newcomers to the sport... the time is irrelevant as long as it's under 24. (personal challenges notwithstanding)

Unfortunately, I’ve decided to pull the plug on the rest of my ride. I’m heading back home. I started feeling bad last evening and I’m worried that my condition is going to worsen. I need to get home and see my doctors.

Tim, congrats on another 1k but yes, do take care of yourself.
Have a safe ride back home.

Unfortunately, I’ve decided to pull the plug on the rest of my ride. I’m heading back home. I started feeling bad last evening and I’m worried that my condition is going to worsen. I need to get home and see my doctors.
Tim it amazes me how far and how many rides you take. I know you love to ride. You are a warrior and a inspiration to us all. I am praying for your protection and health. This is Clay , your friend and Tommy W. Your neighbors friend.

Back